Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    +1 for Peltor Tactical 100s. Can be found on sale for around $55. Good sound quality.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was looking for great sound quality, water resistance and economical pricing. That isn't an easy combo to find. The Sordins were the choice for sound quality and water resistance, but the price is steep. I went with a slightly modified Peltor. I chose the Peltor Tactical Sport and then added the gel sealing rings. The gel rings seem to be expensive for what they are, but they make a real difference in comfort and sealing ability. This gave me a better price and great sound quality, but I was still concerned about water resistance. To combat this, I used a Corrosion X spray on all of the circuitry. It protects the electronics in cases of high humidity or rain that could cause rust or short circuits. I will reapply a few times a year as needed, but it only takes a second. I have shot with these in the rain and snow numerous times and they are still working like new. If you don't specifically need comms, these are a great option.

Peltor Tactical Sport

Gel Rings

Corrosion X
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by hardshell View Post
    why don't you try with little much price like 139$ for Hi-Point C-9 9mm 3.5" barrel 8 Rnds
    I'm guessing English is not your first language, but please try to reword this so it is legible.
    Last edited by Nightstalker865; 05-02-16 at 06:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    I used a Corrosion X spray on all of the circuitry. It protects the electronics in cases of high humidity or rain that could cause rust or short circuits. I will reapply a few times a year as needed, but it only takes a second.
    Does this coating create a clearish rubbery texture over the circuits? Is so, would you be surprised to know the sordins are the same way? I've disassembled an old set of sordins before and the only thing that is technically sealed up is the battery box, everything else has this clearish, rubbery coating on it. The speakers and mics are waterproof, so they may be sealed in some way as well. But for the most part that coating is on everything and it is a fairly thick coating. But I think this a fantastic idea, and adding the gel will make it a really high quality set that won't break the bank. I have a set of these so I may look into it as well.

Also, there was post where someone had swapped out that proprietary input plug for a 3.5mm input jack. I don't remember what all it took but it seemed fairly straight forward.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    are MSA Sordin Supreme IV Basic (ASIN B007ZBXY0U) good to go for civilian use both indoor and outdoor? no comms necessary but aux input would be a plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    Do the Sordin Pro's ever go on sale anywhere? I'd like a set

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
    Do the Sordin Pro's ever go on sale anywhere? I'd like a set
    They do. Go to srstactical and sign up for their emails. They do sales every so often. They may even do one for Memorial Day. That's how I got mine, they were from a sale they had.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio5005 View Post
    They do. Go to srstactical and sign up for their emails. They do sales every so often. They may even do one for Memorial Day. That's how I got mine, they were from a sale they had.

What did you get them at during the sale?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
    What did you get them at during the sale?

I don't remember exactly. It's been a year or so I guess. Best I can remember though, adding the gel cups was still cheaper than regular price with standard cups, but I don't think it was jaw dropping cheaper. Just easier to afford. I looked for the email receipt hoping I didn't delete it but looks like I did. Also don't cheap out and get the surplus ones with a mic. I went that route first and paid the price. Just get the new ones and get the pain of buying them over with. Once you use them you won't think twice about it. Oh, and like everyone else, gels all the way.
    Last edited by Antonio5005; 05-26-16 at 14:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio5005 View Post
    I don't remember exactly. It's been a year or so I guess. Best I can remember though, adding the gel cups was still cheaper than regular price with standard cups, but I don't think it was jaw dropping cheaper. Just easier to afford. I looked for the email receipt hoping I didn't delete it but looks like I did. Also don't cheap out and get the surplus ones with a mic. I went that route first and paid the price. Just get the new ones and get the pain of buying them over with. Once you use them you won't think twice about it. Oh, and like everyone else, gels all the way.
    I have an impact sport right now, is it worth it to ditch my impact sport and go wit the MSA?

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast