Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    Howard-Leight-r-01526-Impact-Sport.jpg
    It's hard to go wrong with these. They are reasonably priced and easy to find.

Feedback Score
    I like my Peltor tac sports especially since I put the gel ear pieces on. The gels make all the difference.

Feedback Score
    How to the Peltor Com-tac IIIs compare to MSA Sordins? Specifically wondering if $257 for a like-new set of MSA Sordins w/ Gel Cups is a better deal than $295 for a new pair of Peltor Comtac IIIs for $295. Will also probably spring for a headband for the Comtacs, too, bringing the price difference even higher.

Mostly interested in quality of noise reduction/build quality/etc. Not using comms. Just want to protect my ears...

Feedback Score
    SRS has like 40 different types of sordins.... What is the best choice from all of them? Can you post a link? thanks
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    SRS has like 40 different types of sordins.... What is the best choice from all of them? Can you post a link? thanks
    Supreme Pro X's with the gel cups.

http://srstactical.com/brands/msa-so...pro-x-774.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    How to the Peltor Com-tac IIIs compare to MSA Sordins? Specifically wondering if $257 for a like-new set of MSA Sordins w/ Gel Cups is a better deal than $295 for a new pair of Peltor Comtac IIIs for $295. Will also probably spring for a headband for the Comtacs, too, bringing the price difference even higher.

Mostly interested in quality of noise reduction/build quality/etc. Not using comms. Just want to protect my ears...
    If you do not need the comms features, get the Howard Leights, they are a great value and work extremely well. If you want to spend more money, get the Sordin's, but just know that the Peltors are a vastly superior headset. This is my opinion, but it is also backed up with several years of use during my military service and civilian training combined with data from USSOCOM. I'm not issued them anymore, so I personally own three sets of Peltor's. The last set of Sordin's I had were sold about a year ago.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Supreme Pro X's with the gel cups.

http://srstactical.com/brands/msa-so...pro-x-774.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks will look into that

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    If you do not need the comms features, get the Howard Leights, they are a great value and work extremely well. If you want to spend more money, get the Sordin's, but just know that the Peltors are a vastly superior headset. This is my opinion, but it is also backed up with several years of use during my military service and civilian training combined with data from USSOCOM. I'm not issued them anymore, so I personally own three sets of Peltor's. The last set of Sordin's I had were sold about a year ago.
    So MSA is just the hype?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    So MSA is just the hype?
    I have found them to be lacking in the durability and performance department, but they work if it is your only option. I just wouldn't make them my first choice.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Can you buy the Sordin's or ComTac's with a behind-the-head setup with the intent to wear it under an ACH, or is that something you have to buy as an add on later? I've looked and the only new ComTac's or Sordins that I can find are traditional over the head type suspension.
    I shaved my gasblock for this?

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast