Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks, I ordered the ComTac III's from Botach for $250. After reading around they're more comfortable under ACH's in addition to the modularity (although I'm not using comms) and more durable than Sordins/DEHP. Looks like more battery life than the current line of Sordins. I didn't want to bother waiting for SHOT to release some new hotshot headset so I can get a deal on the current offerings. Look forward to contribute some feedback. The Tactical 100's cut off even during normal conversation in my living room.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Good choice. I don't think you're going to find that many new headsets at SHOT. I do know of some in the ear systems, but haven't heard about any new over the ear systems. The OpsCore/Gentex system is finally available, but it is spendy.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Thanks, I ordered the ComTac III's from Botach for $250. After reading around they're more comfortable under ACH's in addition to the modularity (although I'm not using comms) and more durable than Sordins/DEHP. Looks like more battery life than the current line of Sordins. I didn't want to bother waiting for SHOT to release some new hotshot headset so I can get a deal on the current offerings. Look forward to contribute some feedback. The Tactical 100's cut off even during normal conversation in my living room.
    Is Botach a reputable business now? I ordered some stuff from them years ago. It was kinda shaky, items sent at different times, things ordered were delivered several months after ordering them. Thats a great deal if they are delivered as advertised.
    I shaved my gasblock for this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You'll always eventually get the stuff. But their business model is a little like an insurance company delaying payment on a claim they know they will eventually pay. Every day they hold onto your cash they are making money at whatever percent. But it adds up.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instaurator View Post
    Have you tried wearing them under a helmet?
    I had a set when I was on active duty and they will fit under a helmet with the right strap system. The neck band never got in the way, my only issue was getting the straps to fit over the actual ear pieces.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instaurator View Post
    Is Botach a reputable business now? I ordered some stuff from them years ago. It was kinda shaky, items sent at different times, things ordered were delivered several months after ordering them. Thats a great deal if they are delivered as advertised.
    I ordered the ComTac III on 1/3 and received today 1/12.

Feedback Score
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.
    I shaved my gasblock for this?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Contax that is good news, I swore off them years ago, now if they could only do that consistently they *might* regain some of the masses that left them over the yrs.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Botach is a gamble. The last time I ordered some Okay 20rnd mags, it took about 3 weeks to arrive even though a shipping label was created and never updated. All other prior orders have been successful on "in stock" items, sometimes it takes a few days to get a shipping notification.

The ComTac III so far passes the simple test of hand clapping while carrying out a normal conversation. It doesn't clip and shut off all sound like the Sport Tactical 100's, which will most likely end up mounted to a bump helmet for my NOD's setup.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Screw Butthash/Botach.

I have had so many issues with them, I've completely given up. My experiences were not unlike yours.

I've gotten the impression from them that they don't order from their distributor until you order from them. They had an insane deal on a MICH 2001, and it took them over a week to notify me that it was "backordered." That broke this camel's back with them. I've gotten some good deals from them years ago, but they're not even remotely worth the hassle.

/endrant

ETA: Read some previous posts; you got a good deal, and it sounds like they actually delivered.

If they're getting their act together finally, that's good to hear.

Botach is a gamble. The last time I ordered some Okay 20rnd mags, it took about 3 weeks to arrive even though a shipping label was created and never updated. All other prior orders have been successful on "in stock" items, sometimes it takes a few days to get a shipping notification.

The ComTac III so far passes the simple test of hand clapping while carrying out a normal conversation. It doesn't clip and shut off all sound like the Sport Tactical 100's, which will most likely end up mounted to a bump helmet for my NOD's setup.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 01-12-17 at 18:59.

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast