Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Screw Butthash/Botach.

I have had so many issues with them, I've completely given up. My experiences were not unlike yours.

I've gotten the impression from them that they don't order from their distributor until you order from them. They had an insane deal on a MICH 2001, and it took them over a week to notify me that it was "backordered." That broke this camel's back with them. I've gotten some good deals from them years ago, but they're not even remotely worth the hassle.

/endrant

ETA: Read some previous posts; you got a good deal, and it sounds like they actually delivered.

If they're getting their act together finally, that's good to hear.
    I've tried to use my best judgement on the items I purchase; especially on high turnover items such as AR or Glock magazines, Streamlight stuff, etc where I know they'll constantly re-up and not something I need within the immediate month (yeah super low expectations). Sometimes the juice may be worth the squeeze if the deal is *too* good to pass up, I was extremely skeptical on the ComTac but I lucked out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Sordin's are king, followed by the COMTAC II's.

The TAC 6's have have nasty habit of breaking (gone through two pair myself and have seen many others fail).

C4
    I agree with Grant. Spend the money on the Sordin's or Comtac's. Ive also gone through two pair of Tac 6S. Buy once, cry once.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My wife gave me a pair of Sordin for Christmas and I have had them out twice. They aren't perfect, but they are certainly comfortable with the gel ear cuff. They seem very well made, and I'm pleased.

I also have a pair of Peltor Tactical Pro (something like that) they are OK, but I have a problem, one ear has gone out. I'll send them in to see if they can be fixed.

I also have four pair of Howard Leight Impact for guests. They work, but they are not as comfortable and don't think they provide as much protection.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I just bought the MSA Supreme Pro-Xs on sale at DSG arms for $229 (must log in for price).

I also purchased the Unity Tactical MARK Modular Attached Rail Kit and SARA adaptors for my OPS-Core FAST helmet. Helmet mounted ear pro is the way to go for me in terms of comfort. It can be a bit expensive if done right.
    Anyone have the Unity Tactical MARK mounted up with Peltors and have any concerns about the plastic mounts where the wireforms slide in cracking over time?
    Thanks in advance for any comments.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    I ordered the ComTac III on 1/3 and received today 1/12.
    What color were they? The photo is black and white. Green, brown, grey?

BTW, I've irdered from them twice in the last 4 years (pistol magazines) Last time was a few weeks ago. I received both orders within 10 days.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It's foliage green/grey.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    It's foliage green/grey.
    Thanks
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dm2206 View Post
    I agree with Grant. Spend the money on the Sordin's or Comtac's. Ive also gone through two pair of Tac 6S. Buy once, cry once.
    DM you & Grant nailed it IMO/experience, as I've lost track of how many Peltors I went thru over the yrs, still have 1 functional set but went to Sord Pro-X's in 2008 & added DEHPs from TCI in 2013 w/ ZERO regrets.
    Last edited by Agile53; 01-23-17 at 15:21.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Does anyone know how I would go about getting a set of sordins repaired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rfairman View Post
    Does anyone know how I would go about getting a set of sordins repaired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IIRC a couple years ago SRS Tactical was helping out US Customers with repairs. Not sure if they still do.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Owning or having a certain by-name or by-brand weapon doesn't make one a trained assaulter.

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast