Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    So, I've read all 48 ages of this thread as I'm planning on replacing my Howard Leights. I've narrowed my choices down to either the Supreme Pro-X or the COMTAC III (obviously didn't take long to narrow it down to those two). I was planning on going with the Supreme Pro-X (with the gel cups) and ordering from SRS as I can get them for $100 less than the COMTAC III and I read where SRS is very good to deal with as far as ordering and repairs for Sordins should the need ever arise. However, I've come across the COMTAC III in foliage green on Amazon for $293 and free shipping (I think they come with the gel cups). They're sold on Amazon by Botach, however, and I've always heard less-than-stellar things on here about Botach. Just curious to get anyone's input on whether or not I should just stick with the Sordins from SRS or try the Peltors from Amazon/Botach. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    So, I've read all 48 ages of this thread as I'm planning on replacing my Howard Leights. I've narrowed my choices down to either the Supreme Pro-X or the COMTAC III (obviously didn't take long to narrow it down to those two). I was planning on going with the Supreme Pro-X (with the gel cups) and ordering from SRS as I can get them for $100 less than the COMTAC III and I read where SRS is very good to deal with as far as ordering and repairs for Sordins should the need ever arise. However, I've come across the COMTAC III in foliage green on Amazon for $293 and free shipping (I think they come with the gel cups). They're sold on Amazon by Botach, however, and I've always heard less-than-stellar things on here about Botach. Just curious to get anyone's input on whether or not I should just stick with the Sordins from SRS or try the Peltors from Amazon/Botach. Thanks!
    I've had my Sord. Pro-X's since 2008 w/ ZERO issues BUT even though they are out of OEM warranty I feel very comfortable sending them to SRS for their in-house repairs.

What's the warranty on the Peltor's (same as the Sords?) & where do you send them for warranty work, certainly not back to Botach? If you go w/ the Sords. & you need warranty work they can go back to SRS as they're an authorized Sord. repair shop.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would rather buy from SRS. Seems like a stand up company.

Feedback Score
    Off topic, what do you recommend for non-electronic ear pro?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like I’m going to stick with my original plan and get the Sordins.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Foam ear plugs. Cheap and effective. Don't get in the way of cheek weld.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I used the Surefire Sonic Defenders for several years before I ventured into electronic ear pro. For $15 they're not bad and I've worn them for whole 8 hour training days without discomfort.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good thread. I'm going to get the Supreme Pro-X too.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    Good thread. I'm going to get the Supreme Pro-X too.
    A mentor named Pat (RIP amigo) guided me to the Pro-X's & many other solid choices (AP T1's etc) back in the day, damn I miss him.

Feedback Score
    maybe too early i guess, but i don't suppose anyone has any experience yet with the ops core amp headset? apparently shipping now. looks absolutely badass on paper (with a price to match)

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast