Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    What, if anything, do you wear when working?
    Depends on the situation. I'm a patrol sergeant, when I'm on the street I don't carry any hearing protection.

When shooting at work, it's plugs and generic-range-issue muffs that everybody else wears.

I've only recently started instructing (part-time) at work, and then it's my own non-electronic muffs and loosely inserted plugs. A couple of the full-time instructors use their own electronic muffs, I haven't had a chance to borrow theirs yet.

I shoot USPSA frequently...at outside matches generally just muffs.

It works for me, but I'm always looking for something better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SreetSurvival

These will be released at the upcoming Shot Show. They are supposed to blow all others out of the water including Sordins. I can't wait to get a pair
    Don't buy into the "sales Pitch".. While I'm sure they will be good.. I highly doubt that they are going to "Blow Away" anything.. especially Sordins.. which have been the top of the line for may years.....

If there just now getting rid of the clipping.. there a few years behind in technology.....

Feedback Score
    MSA/Sordins.

These are the base pair for my TCI Liberator II headset and i have been using them for the past two months. Everything else blows in comparison.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

dk,

Can you describe how the HLIS powers on / off? Is it a knob that turns on also controling volume like some of the peltors, or a buttom type deal for on / off and vol up / down like the Sordins? Auto off during non-use?

Quote Originally Posted by doorkicker View Post
    Here is fantastic option for the money and the quality will shcok you!

Howard Leight Impulse Sport electronic ear-pro:

I bought my Howard Leights for about $55.00 and promptly retired my Peltor Tac6 ear-pro! It comes with a cord so you can plug an Ipod directly into them, runs off 2x AA batteries...they are good to go!

(I am not affiliated with Howard Leight's sales department in any way)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
    dk,
    Can you describe how the HLIS powers on / off? Is it a knob that turns on also controling volume like some of the peltors, or a buttom type deal for on / off and vol up / down like the Sordins? Auto off during non-use?
    Their is a on/off/volume wheel on the left side of the outer ear-cup:

You can actually hear better with these "muffs" on than you can without anything on...and they cut out gunfire repoir fantastically
    If you compared them to the Peltor Tac6S...look at the profile:

the power knob of the HL's is a low profile wheel vs. 2 protruding knobs, and the same can be said for the microphone foam pieces on each side...HL's are much lower profile being streamlined with the earcups. They won't snap like the Peltors.

One of the biggest benefits also is the comfort of these things and the battery compartment. Outside battery compartment storage (2xAA), and the input jack on the rear of one of the earcups lets you rock out with an Ipod or plug in certain radio outputs.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doorkicker View Post
    Here is fantastic option for the money and the quality will shcok you!
    Howard Leight Impulse Sport electronic ear-pro:

I bought my Howard Leights for about $55.00 and promptly retired my Peltor Tac6 ear-pro! It comes with a cord so you can plug an Ipod directly into them, runs off 2x AA batteries...they are good to go!
    I bought a pair of these to try based on the positive reveiws on this site.
    My pair came in 2 days ago. I went to the range to try them out today. Two different sets of battaries, and still a no go. The electronics apparently have a short in them somewhere.

Despite the electronics not working I still used them for a little while. They do not seem to reduce the noise as much as new foam plugs, but seem to offer more protection than the surefire sonic defenders.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    That's too bad...I was going to get a set to have on hand if my Girlfriend decides to go to the range with me.

I use the Sordin Supreme Pro's

Can we get a dealer to do a group buy ??

Sig Forum had one last March and about 75 of us bought them for 199.00

I'm in for a second pair.
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 12-01-11 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Peltor Tac Sports are kick ass I own a pair and highly recommend them. Get the gel ear inserts.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If that happens, I'd be in for a pair or two.
    As would I. I have followed this thread in-depth and researched each product mentioned and I believe I have decided on the MSA Sordins. As a side note, thanks to the board for the vast array of information provided.

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast