Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    I bought Comp IIIs from Botach a couple years ago and there was no issue. I like them and they sound very clear.

I had started with Howard Leights as my first pair of electronic ear muffs and I would highly recommend one of the aftermarket gel cups for them. I really do not feel they make a tight seal with the stock pads. Its often not something you notice as you are wearing them until you make a small adjustment...then realize things just got a bit quieter.

I probably shoot 1/4 as much as many here but I still developed mild tinnitus in a very short time....exactly after I started wearing the HLs. Do not goof around with your hearing. Definitely double up with plugs as many recommend ...especially indoors or if you are at a static range under a roof (but probably anywhere). I think those to situations...especially shooting pistols indoors is what did it for me.
    Last edited by OldState; 01-29-19 at 08:16.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Anybody get a recent production Safariland Liberator HP?

Have they fixed all the problems yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shooting in the Scouts (Cub, Boy & Explorer) and Army during the 50's and 60's, all without hearing protection. By the time I started wearing HP it was too late. Now I wear full time hearing aids in both ears. Don't be me.

Edited to add: All the loud live music didn't help either.
    Last edited by austinN4; 03-18-19 at 12:51.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Does anybody have any experience with the Radians R3700? Im interested in picking up a set of inexpensive electronic ears that do compression (like Sordins) instead of clipping (like Peltors) for loaner use by shooters that I coach. Ive gone through several sets of Peltor 6ss, some of which only lasted a single hot day. Downside is the internet is nearly completely silent on these. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ction-radians/
    RLTW

That is why there isn't an AK chart. -SteyrAUG
    They eat tide pods also so what's your point? Retrorevolver77

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    maybe too early i guess, but i don't suppose anyone has any experience yet with the ops core amp headset? apparently shipping now. looks absolutely badass on paper (with a price to match)
    I'm evaluating a couple of sets right now, and just sold my command on ordering them for everyone in my shop. We specifically need the NMFI capability so that we have dual ear pro in the shoot house but are still able to hear the students' voice procedures. The fact that the connectorized version can easily switch from no comm to single comm to dual comm is a nice bonus, too. Bottom line, I've been very happy with them, but unless you're looking for a set of electronic muffs that 1) provides dual hearing protection, 2) allows you to attach or detach comm downleads as required, and/or 3) is able to be mounted on a standard ACH/MICH/ECH, I'm not sure they're worth the extra price point. I've heard folks say the 3D hear-through is better than Peltors or Sordins, but I can't really vouch for that. I CAN say that it absolutely works with the NMFI earplugs, which is not something that Peltor or MSA can say at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950