Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    I have 2 pair of slimline Walker's with the add-on comms and they are great on the range, camping or riding ATV's with a friend or significant other.

I just bought a pair of 3M Peltor Comtac, single comm V's. I've used the III's in the field for years and never had an issue but the V's I got had a horrible ambient sound white noise. On volume level 1 the noise was so loud I couldn't hear a thing through the mics. It was a PITA to return them to the distributor, then have them serviced.

3m did give me another set of gel cups and, arc adapters, a Multicam headband cover and a Peltor PTT to Kenwood 2 pin. So, it was a pretty good consolation gift.

I'm running an Anytone DMR radio or a Baofeng Mirkit UV-9R 8w.

With all the shit going on, I'm more willing to buy tactical Gucci gear.

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Started w/ Sord Pro-Xs in ‘08, added BTH TCI DEHPS a while back, Lib HP’s last yr & now trying to get’em off my melon w/ an order yesterday for Otto Noise Barrier Micros, they may be my last stop.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post

So what do ya think Contax?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

So what do ya think Contax?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I’ll have to remember to add my thoughts about the NoizeBarrier by the end of the year. My full time set have been Ops Core AMP + NFMI plugs for a little over a year now. I find the Amp gets hot and I start developing headaches on a typical one-day match. I intend to use the Otto for rimfire PRS/NRL22 type matches and possibly centerfire PRS matches.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I’ll have to remember to add my thoughts about the NoizeBarrier by the end of the year. My full time set have been Ops Core AMP + NFMI plugs for a little over a year now. I find the Amp gets hot and I start developing headaches on a typical one-day match. I intend to use the Otto for rimfire PRS/NRL22 type matches and possibly centerfire PRS matches.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Perhaps if you remember to post that it'll spur me to do the same. Still running my Sord Pro-X's in USPSA & 3G but trying to bond w/ my Otto's this year in steel matches.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    delete due to being a dupe.
    Last edited by Agile53; 03-27-21 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I can't use the NoizeBarrier Micro for anything more than rimfire. The foam tips providing NRR 28 dB was still too loud. I had to throw on my Amps + NFMI plugs with someone shooting a short action centerfire from about 25 yards away on a wide open outdoor range. I'll be returning these things while I still can.

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast