Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    Peltor TAC 6 behind the head model with back band.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Morales View Post
    Peltor TAC 6 behind the head model with back band.
    That one is reasonably comfortable, pretty cheap, and widely available. However, it has no water resistance, and can be killed by mere sweat. My personal low record is a single hot day of use. I’ve had 3 or 4 pairs.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    These finally showed up. Really impressed by how well they work with the earplugs.

Last edited by aFella; 04-17-21 at 19:38.

Feedback Score
    Sorry I'm being lazy but does anyone have experience with Walker Muffs and walkie talkie? Currently have some mid-range Peltors, but comms would be cool.

Feedback Score
    I prefer in-ear protection and recently bought an Invisio X50 kit with an X5 in-ear headset/bone conductive mic. It is a really nice piece of kit, although I have not tested it with a radio there are also 3.5mm wires so you can use your smart phone too. There can be found for under $225 if you look around, they also work with the T5 headset. Even more recently, I traded for their newer V60 and T5 headset combo so I have both now. Unfortunately, nothing is compatible so I will probably look to sell the V60 soon.

X50 kit: https://imgur.com/egXn5eU

V60 kit: https://i.imgur.com/RMZ9LXB.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ToeheadAR; 07-12-21 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    I use the Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Pro's. I originally owned a pair, but I didn't like that they didn't fold up, so I bought a pair of the Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolts. I used those jokers on an indoor range, and my hearing was JACKED for a few days. The Howard Leight Impact Sport Bolts definitely seem better suited for outdoor ranges, so I went back to my Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Pro's, and I'm sticking with those.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been sticking a pair of these

https://safariland.com/products/in-e...ection-1218591

Under a set of Howard Leights with the volume cranked up so I can carry a fairly normal conversation. Shooting under a picnic shelter(not indoor, but noticeably louder than out in the open) and fellow range member's very effective muzzle brakes don't leave me ears ringing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I have been sticking a pair of these

https://safariland.com/products/in-e...ection-1218591

Under a set of Howard Leights with the volume cranked up so I can carry a fairly normal conversation. Shooting under a picnic shelter(not indoor, but noticeably louder than out in the open) and fellow range member's very effective muzzle brakes don't leave me ears ringing.
    So far just the Howard Leight's have been working for me, but if I ever need something more, I may look at a setup like that. I'd prefer just to keep it to one set of ear protection if at all possible though.

Feedback Score
    I used to use the surefire sonic defender version by themselves outdoors and paired with the Howard Leights when I was indoors. I highly recommend that combo but not for long rqnge days, the HLs make my ears sore. I still have them both but I use Walker Razors now with bluetooth to sync my phone. Haven't had the opportunity to use the Invisios at the range yet.

Feedback Score
    I've had a pair of msa sordins for 6 Years. Got the sealable gel cups for water proofing. I used them during my time on the gunline as an arty officer, as well as in my other jobs as an Fire Support Officer and also at the range.

Would recocommend.

Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast