Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have had the MSA Sordins with gel cups for over ten years now and love them. That being said, looking to switch to a comms setup, contemplating on 3M Peltor or the OPS Core

Feedback Score
    For what it's worth, I've been running a set of Otto Noizebarrier Range SA electronics for a while. I like them a lot, and definitely recommend. I got the slightly cheaper Range SA model that I can still hook up to an audio source like a speaker mic. In hindsight, I should probably have saved a bit more and gotten the TAC model that comes set up as a standard comms-enabled unit. You can't convert from one to the other due to the wiring, but otherwise the two are exactly the same construction.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Walkers.-, in addition to electronic issues. Battery cover kept falling off and I finally lost it, so the unplated contacts rusted. Tried unsuccessfully to contact them at least twice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wow, forum quadruple tap. Is that a first?
    That sucks about those muffs. Will Walker do anything to help you out?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have been blown away with the OTTO NoizeBarrier Micro (https://amzn.to/3LC2679) WITH the Comply Professional Noise Isolating Earphone Tips (https://amzn.to/3oSq31h). They are the best piece of shooting gear I have purchased in years. No issue outdoors or at indoor ranges and I always used to double up with foamies and muffs.

I had a set of the PELTOR TEP-200 and the difference is night and day. The OTTO's with the Comply tips are amazing.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have been blown away with the OTTO NoizeBarrier Micro (https://amzn.to/3LC2679) WITH the Comply Professional Noise Isolating Earphone Tips (https://amzn.to/3oSq31h). They are the best piece of shooting gear I have purchased in years. No issue outdoors or at indoor ranges and I always used to double up with foamies and muffs.

I had a set of the PELTOR TEP-200 and the difference is night and day. The OTTO's with the Comply tips are amazing.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quadruple post? Why, sir, I'm sure I have no idea what you are talking about

I wrote Walker at least twice on their "contact" page and like a great many outfits, those messages don't go to someone who can or will help or even answer, they wind up orbiting Uranus. I somehow got an Email and that person told me either to call or to use the contact page (not sure which it was). I'm not one to jump through hoops any more than I have to to try and help an outfit improve their product.

If anyone has found good electronic plugs that actually cut the noise, I'm all (teehee) ears. Almost all of them, I've tried several, use the stupid black foamies that for me at least, simply do not work.(ref. my post #524).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I bought a set of those AXIL GS Extreme 2.0 earbuds that have been spamming YouTube and Facebook, but I was also tired of not being able to hear much with double ear pro. They were on sale for $100, so I figured why not. I use them under a set of MS Sordins and the protection is quite comfortable for indoor shooting with compensated pistols. I’ve yet to use this setup with rifles.

The sound quality isn’t great but I’m able to hear everything as if I wasn’t wearing any ear pro.
    I have a set of those. The instructions say to use a certain set of the included inserts but those things just will not stay in my ear canal.

So I mostly just use them for lawn mowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    For what it's worth, I've been running a set of Otto Noizebarrier Range SA electronics for a while.
    Those look pretty good. I'm the guy who can get the defective item in any electronic purchase though. I'm so leery of electronic muffs. But I'm going to put these on my list.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    If anyone has found good electronic plugs that actually cut the noise, I'm all (teehee) ears. Almost all of them, I've tried several, use the stupid black foamies that for me at least, simply do not work.(ref. my post #524).
    Again, those tips are extremely easy to swap out to a variety of different tips. IMO, complaining about packaged tips not working is akin to complaining that the stock iron sights that your Glock come with suck, and thus Glocks are no good.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast