So, I went from a CrossFit gym (hold the comments, I walked in being able to do a heavier deadlift than nearly anyone there, but still learned a lot regarding good form on some exercises) to no gym to a ghetto gym.

I joined this local gym because they offered a deal at $20/mo for 18 months, which is a great deal for a place actually having...barbells. I joined in November, walked in two weeks later after we actually moved into the area, ...and tried working out. I left after 20 minutes and didn't go back for three months.

Call me a snob, but when there is trash on the floor, kid employees in tight sweatpants hooded hoodies with a cocked hat ON TOP OF THE hoodie, and sunglasses on inside while giving advice to the 'hot chick', rude front desk employee, ghetto people saying ghetto things, crass language being yelled loudly in front of kids, a couple gangstas, and NOT ENOUGH SPRING COLLARS...well, I can take all those things. No big deal.

BUT I CAN'T TAKE DUMBBELLS OUT OF ORDER ON THE RACK. Especially, if it is clear that no one, including employees, gives a rat's rear end.

I eventually went back after my wife said they organized the dumbbells. That lasted just under a week, but it was enough to make me realize a crappy gym is better than no gym.