Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Gym Rants

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I could never quite understand the people who buy gym memberships so they can go to the gym and.....run on the treadmill. That's it. They just run on the tread mill, stretch and leave. I never understood that. My treadmill is "outside".

Also, I can't stand the people that go to the gym and spend more time socializing and posturing than getting their workout done. Put in your work and get the hell out of my way.

Finally, I absolutely despise people who do not rack their weights when they are done. Here I am waiting on any given set of weights while I watch the guy just using them over on some other machine now. I walk over to the tough guy and ask if he is still using the weights and the answer is almost always "Nah. I'm done. Go ahead bro." Oh ya? You're done? Well why the hell don't you signal to the rest of the members that you are done by putting your shit away!!!!!????

I could go on, but I'll stop there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My gym rant is all the new year's resolutioners. My gym was pretty empty till Jan 1st. Now it's packed. I figure in another month they'll all be gone. I need to start going about 2am.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The new years resolution crowd never bothered me. Not very many come around at 5am lol

I would have to say not racking weights is the biggest thing that pisses me off.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I call these people migratory.

They come at the beginning of the year due to new years resolutions and slowly the flock thins after a month.

They return again towards the end of May due to the approaching warmer months when they want to bask in the warm rays normally near water bodies. They again fade as summer draws to an end.

Then some stragglers find their way in after feasting during the fall gorging holidays because they feel bad about themselves.

It's a perennial cycle. I haven't written my ecological dissertation on this piece yet.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    In no particular order:

1. No curling in the squat rack.

2. No giving of 'brah logic' while I'm under a heavy load.

3. No talking at the top of your lungs on a cell phone near me.

4. Rack your weights please.

5. Unless you are an oly lifter, stop dropping the damn bars just to hear loud noises.

6. Get out of the front of the mirror and do some work.

7. High fives while screaming and fist pumping are gay. Never do any of those things near me.

8. Spandex is a privilege - not a god given right. Know what is appropriate.

9. If your ass does not go below the crease of your knee - it was not a squat. Do not call it one and do NOT think you have done anything more than damage tissue.

10. If you are the asshat that covers every bench in the place with chalk - please stop. You do not need chalk for cable machines.
    10a. You do not need straps on a cable machine.

Damn. This barely scratches the surface.

Feedback Score
    The one that's been bothering me the most lately:

I really don't need to hear about you needing to get your "swoll" on. Or how I need to get all "swoll" like you, or lift weight like you, when you have a hundred fuking pounds on me.

actually, I hate the word "swoll"
    Last edited by superr.stu; 01-10-12 at 14:49.
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I shouldnt be able to hear your counts.

You should not be wearing a belt when doing curls.

Your gym bag belongs in your locker.

Rerack your weights, even when doing drop sets.

No, I dont want to talk to you. Im working out.

Wipe your damn sweat off.

NO PICTURE TAKING! EVER!
    Last edited by Swstock; 01-10-12 at 15:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    New one for today...

Me coming in to the gym at 0500, banging out a Spartan workout in 30 minutes and then hitting cardio is done for a reason. Do not approach me in the locker room talking about how short a workout I did and how I "looked winded" towards the end, when you stand around between 6 rep sets for ten minutes talking to your bros. 320 reps in 21:18 beats your two hour bro-fest.

And speaking of the locker room, old men in the locker room bother me. Big time.

H
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."-Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    Echo everyone on the re-racking, how hard is it really? You are there to lift things right? So lift them all the way back to their home…..on the rack.

Also, leaving your little plastic water battles around the floor when its empty.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Im not trying to cover any ones ass here. I do in fact rack my weights, however, I do hear a lot of people complain about the weights not being in the proper order on the rack. I would like to say that the people running the gym need to take a better role in making sure stuff is done right. I call people out for leaving their weights out and when they give me any flak over it I point to the sign. But if the Owner/Operator would take command in enforcing rules it would make things a lot easier.
    Full-time LEO

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast