Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Gym Rants

Feedback Score
    I agree on re-racking the weights in the proper place. Sometimes I have to look all over just to find the weights I am looking for. Of course I get in some good walking exercise doing that. I am not the strongest, well built person in the world, but I do like to take care of myself even at my age.
    RudyN

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by superr.stu View Post
    The one that's been bothering me the most lately:

I really don't need to hear about you needing to get your "swoll" on. Or how I need to get all "swoll" like you, or lift weight like you, when you have a hundred fuking pounds on me.

actually, I hate the word "swoll"
    Definitely with you on this one...my main reason for owning and, most importantly, training with guns relates to my hope that one day it will be made legal to shoot people who use the words "swoll" or "brah". I admit that this will make shopping for lingerie dangerous but it's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nineteenkilo View Post
    In no particular order:

1. No curling in the squat rack.

2. No giving of 'brah logic' while I'm under a heavy load.

3. No talking at the top of your lungs on a cell phone near me.

4. Rack your weights please.

5. Unless you are an oly lifter, stop dropping the damn bars just to hear loud noises.

6. Get out of the front of the mirror and do some work.

7. High fives while screaming and fist pumping are gay. Never do any of those things near me.

8. Spandex is a privilege - not a god given right. Know what is appropriate.

9. If your ass does not go below the crease of your knee - it was not a squat. Do not call it one and do NOT think you have done anything more than damage tissue.

10. If you are the asshat that covers every bench in the place with chalk - please stop. You do not need chalk for cable machines.
    10a. You do not need straps on a cable machine.

Damn. This barely scratches the surface.
    Do you have any idea how much I would like to post these at the gym where I work?????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After college I worked for about a year in the dairy cooler of a grocery store.

You people complain about poor gym conditions... Psh.

You havent seen poor until youve used the 30 degree I beam on the ceiling as your pullup bar and had to lay on top of the milk lugs just to do your flutter kicks.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Is posting on forums at the gym bad? I may or may not be doing that right now to be funny. In between sets of course
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I just had my rant last night.

1: If you are walking on a treadmill, get your ass off and walk around the block. Treadmills are for people to run. Better yet, get on one of the elliptical machines and slowly walk all you want, at least that will provide a little resistance.

2: Curcuit trainers are ass holes. You only get to lay claim to one machine, bench etc. at a time bro. Don't give me that "I gotta keep my heart rate up" shit, if you want to do that, then go run. And no, I don't want to work in with you, I don't like you and am not at the gym to share with you, or hang out with you.

Rant off.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you cant rerack it, dont unrack it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineteenkilo View Post

2. No giving of 'brah logic' while I'm under a heavy load.
    Under any load!

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    oh this is fun..

1. God gave us callouses for a reason. Loose the gloves.
    2. If you have to gyrate to "curl" a DB, lower your damn weight. You're proving nothing and throwing your back out.
    3. Rapping out loud to the Eminem on your iPod pisses everyone off. Stop.
    4. Find shirts with sleeves. Please. No one's impressed by your homoerotic attempts to assert yourself as alphamale.
    5. If you have to gyrate to do anything with cables (lat pulldowns specifically) lower the damn weight.
    6. Unless you're a trainer, don't give me tips. If you are, thanks for the free advice.
    7. If you're coming in for cardio and abs, you don't need your wristwraps.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    5. If you have to gyrate to do anything with cables (lat pulldowns specifically) lower the damn weight.
    I agree with most everything you said from gloves to rapping. I have to disgree with this quoted excerpt.

I rarely have a training partner as dedicated as myself, and being in the military moving from different locations and different commands people come and go. So I decide to workout by myself. Certain lifts require strict form, I agree. However, I still like to overload muscles from time to time during workouts and without a spotter especially during lat pull downs. A little body movement created momentum allows me to overload with heavier weight without a spotter.

I know this isnt everyones method, and I dont know exactly to what extent of gyration you're speaking of but my butt does come off the seat towards the later reps to ensure I finish my set.
    Full-time LEO

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast