Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Miscellaneous Gym Rants

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    So, I went from a CrossFit gym (hold the comments, I walked in being able to do a heavier deadlift than nearly anyone there, but still learned a lot regarding good form on some exercises) to no gym to a ghetto gym.

I joined this local gym because they offered a deal at $20/mo for 18 months, which is a great deal for a place actually having...barbells. I joined in November, walked in two weeks later after we actually moved into the area, ...and tried working out. I left after 20 minutes and didn't go back for three months.

Call me a snob, but when there is trash on the floor, kid employees in tight sweatpants hooded hoodies with a cocked hat ON TOP OF THE hoodie, and sunglasses on inside while giving advice to the 'hot chick', rude front desk employee, ghetto people saying ghetto things, crass language being yelled loudly in front of kids, a couple gangstas, and NOT ENOUGH SPRING COLLARS...well, I can take all those things. No big deal.

BUT I CAN'T TAKE DUMBBELLS OUT OF ORDER ON THE RACK. Especially, if it is clear that no one, including employees, gives a rat's rear end.

I eventually went back after my wife said they organized the dumbbells. That lasted just under a week, but it was enough to make me realize a crappy gym is better than no gym.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The atmosphere in a gym can make all the difference ive realized. When i moved here 2 years ago i joined a world gym that was only $10 a month. It was a dump. Water on the floor from HVAC leaks, bent bars, weights all over the place, clogged drains, and just dirty. My hands were black after a workout. That lasted 1 week, i quit and joined a retro fitness that at least was clean. Retro served me well for the past 2 years but eventually after a switch of owners and now the closing of the world gym mentioned earlier, theres been an influx of former world gym members and the place is going downhill. Im tired of the commercial gym. The groups of kids, the hard looks from everyone, the old guys that hang around and talk for hours, the weights never put back, the inconsiderateness of everyone. I quit retro last week and had planned on buying a power rack for my garage, but a new gym just opened that is geared toward more serious lifting. Its small, mostly free weights, and has nice shit. Competition benches, calibrated plates, texas bars, a monolift etc. I went on monday and what a huge difference in attitude. I was greeted by members and introduced, shook hands etc instead of stared down by cliques of teenage toolbags. Not that im looking to make friends, im an antisocial bastard and everyone can **** off generally speaking, but when around likeminded people i will socialize, and thats how this new gym feels. I imagine thats how a crossfit gym is too. I dont think i will ever go to another commercial gym.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Coincidentally, I too was speaking of a World Gym. They re-invest absolutely zero money on new or nice equipment. But they did just buy out another local fitness chain that was previously nice.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Watched a person put 315 on the bar(bench) get on his phone for a good 10 min never lift then walk away.......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh yeah, I hate those guys who take forever on a machine. They literally are on their phone longer than they actually workout, wasting my time and others waiting on the machine.

I also don't like all of the tight-fitting workout clothes that has become the new fad. Even some guys wear these tight joggers that don't look right to me. And if you're fat, don't wear them either.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gym outfits on guys annoys me. Like matching shirts and shorts and shoes. Usually this guy will have hair gel too. Are you going to an under armor catalog shoot for modells or are you going to a commercial gym in your hometown where nobody gives a shut about you except guys like me who shit on you on message boards?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The 24 hour fungus I go to is near a retirement community. They have a morning "diaper-dance" class. Within +/- two hours of that, all the geezers simply socialize on the machines and free weight benches. Ive done my entire routine and seen the same geezer sitting on the same machine for the 35+ minutes... *&^%!!!!
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fz1boxer View Post
    Watched a person put 315 on the bar(bench) get on his phone for a good 10 min never lift then walk away.......
    I'll take that over the guy that put 140lb on the bar all in 10's (using all of them), and not even do drop sets...

Happened Sat. Almost took a picture...

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051