Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thus ends the whole "the shotgun is not as good as an AR15 for HD" debate.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Thus ends the whole "the shotgun is not as good as an AR15 for HD" debate.

The perp was shot by an pump action shotgun while carrying an AR15. The second perp was also shot, but escaped outside to the getaway car, then to the ER.

The homeowner was also injured, by the first perp carrying the AR. Great ending. Using a shotgun (supposedly not as effective as an AR15) as an Home Defense weapon rendered a moot point.

Link fixed:

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroo...vid_8745.shtml
    Last edited by SW-Shooter; 01-12-12 at 16:20.

Feedback Score
    I love shotguns more than most, but this is an example of the Indian being more important than the arrow. Shotguns are outstanding weapons, within the limitations of their nature. Choose the correct tool for the job.
    Cyril: Oh now that's a breach of trust!

Lana: Do you really want to open this can of trust-breachy worms after I just found you and my ex-boyfriend with a dead hooker in the trunk?

Cyril: ...I do not.

A Dream of the Dark Continent

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Regardless of who came out on top on THAT particular gunfight, you can't change ballistics (talking about the amount of penetration), you can't change ergonomics, you can't change capacity, and you can't change the "shootability" and efficiency of the platform.

You choose what you want, but I know what I'm picking up if I ever need to defend my home

Feedback Score
    This does illustrate that you are definitely not undercut with a shotgun for the majority of HD situations which I think only a fool would deny. Getting into which is all around better, better for those slim chance worse case scenarios, etc is a different matter.

And remember its just a single anecdote and there are plenty of those for unarmed person beats person with a shotgun.

Don't get me wrong, the shotguns are for chumps thing is pretty old to a large degree though it has a point.
    Luck is awesome. The more proficient you are at what you do the luckier you seem to be.

Do what you love and love what you do.

Shooter and survivalist by hobby.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I really don't see how this one incident demonstrates the superiority of shotguns for HD...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    One sample makes for poor statistics.

The real moral of the story here is if guys come after you with guns, it is a good thing for you to have a gun as well.

Feedback Score
    Also, the video says "assault rifle", where did you get "AR15"?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Very insightful. To add, train with said tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I love shotguns more than most, but this is an example of the Indian being more important than the arrow. Shotguns are outstanding weapons, within the limitations of their nature. Choose the correct tool for the job.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The title of this thread is totally off base.

This one example doesn't prove a thing, and to claim otherwise is ludicrous.

Some homeowner shot a home invader - nothing new there. The issue still remains that the laws of physics haven't changed, and the shotgun is still a poor choice for home defense.

Feedback Score
    It may just add to the general publics belief that whenever a perp breaks into a home, grab a shotgun. Hollywood media has already done a great job with this. I agree about picking the right tool for the right job.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast