Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thus ends the whole "the shotgun is not as good as an AR15 for HD" debate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Battle Axe is a better Melee weapon for the untrained!
    Agreed. I'll take the battle ax over a broad sword any day.

To the OP: This armed encounter between a Perp with an AR and a home owner using a shotty, means jack shit. I doubt the Perp with the AR was as skilled in using it as a lot of folks on this Forum can, or the home owner, had he been skilled in the effective use of an AR, and had one to utilize. Be that as it may, we are all glad the homeowner prevailed, regardless of the firearm being used.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by col.1981 View Post
    Dual wield shotty/ar

No, seriously like others have said it's whatever you feel comfortable with. There are so many factors to consider, I think the AR meets more but thats just IMO.
    I always wanted to take two shotguns and mount one on either side of a Rottweiler...I will call the breed a Shottweiler or Shotty for short.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    As others have basically said tactics and skill matter a lot more than the weapons involved. If I got the drop on you with a .22 single shot chipmonk and shot you in the back of the head that shotgun of yours would not be of much use.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Is this shit for real? Has the OP not been here long enough to know that stupid shit-posts dont amount to much?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by col.1981 View Post
    Dual wield shotty/ar.
    Irrefutable proof of the effectiveness of this method. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...DIvA0E3c&gl=US
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Examples of one..... unsubstantiated third hand bullshit.....being unable to prove your assertion outside of one anecdotal incident.....not getting the whole M4C "where is your statistical data" thing.....complete and utter horseshit OP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My personal HD choice:

Just make sure you keep an extra set of rain gear handy for when the time comes...

Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    It looks like someone has retaliated against the shooter.http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...hH6MtSTIw.cspx

As for the bias against my thread title (which was merely a play on words) and the personal "attacks", go **** start yourself with a 230 gr GDHP.
    Last edited by SW-Shooter; 01-18-12 at 00:52.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Shooter View Post
    It looks like someone has retaliated against the shooter.http://www.woai.com/news/local/story...hH6MtSTIw.cspx

As for the bias against my thread title (which was merely a play on words) and the personal "attacks", go **** start yourself with a 230 gr GDHP.
    First of all, your title is not a play on words. Second of all, your original post contained the bullshit that has people in an uproar. You seem to think that an AR15 walked into the house and was shot by a shotgun. Your whole mindset here is backwards. If the perp had a 240B and the homeowner had a knife, would that prove that the knife was a better home defense tool than any other weapon?

Seriosuly, stop and think about your logic here SW-Shooter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Keydet08 View Post
    My personal HD choice:

Now THAT is what I'm f-n talking about ... yowsa!
    Last edited by lifebreath; 01-18-12 at 11:42.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456