Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TAC16?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

TAC16?

What's the deal with the TAC16 Suppressor. Would love feedback based on actual experiences.....likes/dislikes?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Tac 16 is a crude silencer. I must admit I thought it was very quiet when I heard it. But there weren't any other cans being fired at the time, so my perception could have been off.

It's pretty heavy compared to most 5.56 cans. But it is pretty tough from what I hear.

The biggest issue with the tac 16 is the crude washer/spacer style of baffle system which dumps way too much gas back into the action.

The owner of the Tac 16 that I met says that his trigger finger gets blackened from the back pressure forcing gas through the hole in the lower (where the trigger is) after just 3-5 rounds.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I haven't experienced that much blow back. It's heavier then the more expensive ones but it works well and is built well. I'm verry happy with mine.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I suppose it depends on the exact set up... barrel length, ammo, etc.

I think the guy that told me this was running a 16" barrel.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Mine's on a 10.5".

Feedback Score
    We run them on our dept issue swat full auto 11.5's shooting Federal .223 55gr TRU duty rounds & AE .223 55gr FMJBT as training rounds. While they get the job done & are prolly the lowest priced cans out there, I would not personally own one. I'm not a fan of thread on cans because they are prone to coming loose & cross threading can be an issue. In addition, Tactical Innovations doesn't offer a lifetime warranty & they are heavier than I prefer. Being able to disassemble them is not a feature that turns me on either.

I use my own SBR as my swat gun running a AAC M4-1000. POI shift is not an issue for me with the QD vs. the TAC16 thread on. Our dealer even tried to talk our command out of buying the TAC16 as a duty can, but you know how bean counters operate. They work & I guess it boils down to your experience, budget & personal preferences.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This has all been great feedback....thanks for all the info guys!!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You got it. The Tac isn't horrible. But after you jump thru all the damned hoops and do all the waiting and stuff.... you'll really be glad you did it for the BEST can you can possible afford.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm still happy with my purchase, it's led me form there to a SWR trident 9, an SAS .30 cal can, and have 2 warlocks incoming, as well as 2 SBR's. Without buying the "cheap" tac-16 never would have gone down this road probably.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chakup View Post
    Without buying the "cheap" tac-16 never would have gone down this road probably.
    That's kinda what I did. I didn't know the M4-1000 could be had for $550. I assumed any Fast Attach can would be over $800.... And at that price I probably never would have went for it.

I definitely want to get another 5.56 can, and a rimfire can of some sort!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast