Thread: Looking For An LMT MWS/LM8 .308 Rifle to Test Shoot-Re-Up

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Looking For An LMT MWS/LM8 .308 Rifle to Test Shoot-Re-Up

Well, it’s time for another of Jelly’s insane requests.

As you can see from the title, things have changed a little. Over the last year I have done a good deal of research on everything from Rem 700 variants to Accuracy International and Desert Tactical Arms rifles.
    After some hard thinking, I have decided to forego the AI's and DTA's in favor of a Semi-auto AR-10 style platform. As badly as I would like to have an AI or DTA (and by bad, I mean ravenously foaming at the mouth bad ), the limited use I would get out of one, coupled with the prohibitively high cost of literally everything related to them sort of negates any reason I would have for owning one.
    An AR10 would be much more realistic for my uses, slightly better on the cost side, not to mention weapon familiarity, and being more of a multi use weapon.
    So with that out of the way....

Here’s what I’m looking for:

LMT MWS or LM8 .308.- Right now my #1 preference- if you have access to one of each for a side-by-side that would be even better. I know the LM8s are pretty rare right now, so I would even have no problem meeting up with two seperate people if you've got a buddy that owns one and you have the other.

Already got ahold of a PredatAR and KAC M110 (Thanks VMI-MO and F2S!) so those are off the table as of now.
    Second choice options are still the GAP-10 or OBR, but I'm really much more interested in LMT's offerings at this time.

Of course, if an AI AE or AW, or a DTA SRS in basic .308 just so happens to show up in the general area and the owner is feeling generous, I wouldn't turn down a chance to get some time on it. I KNOW there's at least one DTA floating around VA....

As usual, I would be more than willing to drive a reasonably ridiculous distance to meet up.
    If we can get to a range and actually shoot the thing that would be most preferred. I will pay my own range fees (if any), and can provide some of my own (match) ammo for anything in .308. Anything NOT in .308.....given the price of ammo currently, I can't do anything with it.
    If you don't have access to a thousand yard range [/sarcasm], don't worry about it- even a basic 100 yards will be fine (seeing as how 100 is more or less the basic standard for accuracy testing anyway...). That being said, if any shooting is available I would like to get to somewhere beyond 50 yards and give the precision aspect a go.
    If you just so happen to have one or all of the above, and can't find anywhere to go shooting, I *might* be able to find something. Maybe. So give me a holler anyway.

I am located:
    45 min. from Farmville
    45 min. from South Hill
    45 min. from Blackstone
    15 min. from Keysville
    3 hrs. from VA Beach
    2.5 +/- hrs. from Raleigh, NC
    ~3 hrs. from Moyock, NC

For Richmond area:
    Aprox. 1- 1.5 Hrs. from the Hull street area as well as the
    Chesterfield Towne Center (Mall on Midlothian Tpke., 20-30 min. from Short Pump area).

That is all. Simple, right?

Also- yes I posted this in two sections as I wasn't quite sure if it was better off in regional or training subforums as neither seem to get a huge volume of people through them. My apologies if this is bad.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 03-05-13 at 14:26. Reason: This dummy mixed his guns up
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Still looking, so BTT.

Heard of some owners around the Lynchburg and farther west area, as well as VA beach. Talked to a couple folks in NC.
    So far nothing solid.

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Back up for new rifles.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Back up for update.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Back up for the LMT