Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AK optic/mount ?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Cunningham View Post
    IMO nothing yet beats a T-1 and UltiMak.
    We don't agree on everything but we most definitely agree on this.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I agree as well, Ultimak and T1/H1 are THE way to go. Next best, IMO, would be the MI railed handgaurd.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    MI just released a longer railed AK handguard that is worth a look. It is the length of the Samson but without a full length toprail, using the optic-specific upper covers.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plaskon View Post
    Just my opinion, but I still favor the Ultimak overall too. I have two of the MI rails, and two of the TWS dustcovers. The reason is that with this platform, I often reach over the gun to charge it, and with an optic in the way that becomes far more difficult. The Ultimak is really, really solid when properly mounted. Aimpoints don't fry on them despite the significant heat (or at least it's as close to a non-issue as issues get), it's affordable, it sports the optic forward which is out of the way if you are charging the gun over AND under, and it's fairly light. If you were going for some sort of AK DMR kind of thing, and the faster manipulations just are not that important, the other mounting solutions begin to make more sense. But if the goal is speed and efficiency, it's REALLY hard to beat the Ultimak / Aimpoint combo. And I've tried. A lot.

Just my thoughts.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    I am guessing that is where MI and Attero got their inspiration. From what I understand the AK Iron Dot is no more. The Burris would have been far from my first choice. If they would have made it for the RMR it might be worth trying to track down a used one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ultimak with a rmr its a fantastic combo with the ak

Feedback Score
    I guess the TWS isn't an issue for me since I use the "under" charging method.

Feedback Score

SGL 21/TWS rail

I have a TWS rail on one of my AKs and an Ultimak on another.They are both good quality solid rails. Personally I prefer the TWS. The ultimak is great but it does get HOT!! Although good quality optics will take the heat, if I am firing from an alternate shooting position and I have rail to skin contact, it burns like hell! (This may not be an issue if you are in a place with cold weather) Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by skytrooper173; 01-20-13 at 14:16.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12