Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver State Armory 5.56 64gr PPT Bonded

Feedback Score

Silver State Armory 5.56 64gr PPT Bonded

I did a search for this ammo but didn't see anything about anyone testing it. The gel pictures from the SSA catolog look pretty good but I would tend to trust Dr. Roberts far more than promotional material

It is an interesting round to me given the fact that it is a bonded 64gr round loaded to 5.56 pressures. Has anyone used this round, and if so, how did you like it? It looks like an affordable ($1 per round) barrier blind 5.56 option for those of us who can't access the LE purchasing system.
    Last edited by GRWolverineFan; 01-14-12 at 08:07. Reason: iPhone autocorrect fail.

Feedback Score
    It is on our list to test in 2012.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How much should 5.56 pressure be a deciding factor with barrier blind bullets?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    How much should 5.56 pressure be a deciding factor with barrier blind bullets?
    Honestly you probably know far better than me, I just assumed (yeah, I know what they say about that ) that a 5.56 round would probably work better out of a 16" or shorter barrel but I could just be FoS.

I am also unsure of the quality of SSA ammo, do they usually make good stuff?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRWolverineFan View Post
    Honestly you probably know far better than me, I just assumed (yeah, I know what they say about that ) that a 5.56 round would probably work better out of a 16" or shorter barrel but I could just be FoS.

I am also unsure of the quality of SSA ammo, do they usually make good stuff?

i have been trying for weeks to get a solid answer to this ever since i stumbled upon the 64gr ppt. the 70gr tsx load looks nice too at 2750 fps from a 16". a week later and 17 forums later, i still cant get solid confirmation on the reliability aspect of ssa's ammo.

Feedback Score
    SSA has worked pretty well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRWolverineFan View Post
    I have a 6.8 as a go to so I have not really looked at the difference. Everyone looks for 5.56 pressure defensive ammo because of the limited fragmentation velocity, while the bonded designs may upset at lower velocities.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    here is what i "know" via ssa'a web site and emails to ssa"s customer service. it is much like a tbbc in construction with a more protected tip, (should be good for you -leading on the feed ramp guys) expands to .46 caliber, expands with in the first 2"-4" or penetration, expands down to 1700 fps, muzzle velocity of 2850 from a 16" barrel. and i assume penetration is comparable to other bb loads....probably 16"-18" in bg, but im not sure on that one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Does it bother anyone else tha ssa uses nothing in regards to primer crimps or sealant? I think ammo intended for "real deal" use should have some kind of water proofing, crimps, cannalures, ext.... ssa uses nothing.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenndapp View Post
    Does it bother anyone else tha ssa uses nothing in regards to primer crimps or sealant? I think ammo intended for "real deal" use should have some kind of water proofing, crimps, cannalures, ext.... ssa uses nothing.
    Not in the least.

Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast