Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver State Armory 5.56 64gr PPT Bonded

Feedback Score
    "I think ammo intended for "real deal" use should have some kind of water proofing, crimps, cannalures, etc..."
    Yes, duty ammo should have all of the above.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Really? Why not? Why do have no regard for those things on your duty ammo? Not trying to sound like an ass.....just trying to learn.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenndapp View Post
    Really? Why not? Why do have no regard for those things on your duty ammo? Not trying to sound like an ass.....just trying to learn.
    Do you do the same when you handload? If it goes bang after sitting in a bag while hunting and it's humid, snowy, or conditions are not ideal then I'd say it's safe for duty. Maybe I'm off base here but I don't see it as a necessity in my case. Never had a FTF in ssa ammo.

Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can see your point. It may just be because I'm used to having those features on duty ammo or maybe its just a mental thing, but I like sealant and crimps when I can have it. I have no idea if it actually makes any differance one way or anouther.

Feedback Score

regarding crimp, sealent, etc

When hunting, if your ammo fails, you dont get some game.

With "duty" ammo (le/mil duty ammo and even civilian defensive ammo) if your ammo fails, you die.

"It's better to have and not need than to need and not have."

When your life is on the line, the reliability of your ammo and firearm cannot be too good. There is a reason military and FBI ammo is always sealed and always has a crimped primer, and neck. There is also a reason handloads are not recommended for defensive/duty use.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

With "duty" ammo (le/mil duty ammo and even civilian defensive ammo) if your ammo fails, you die.

When your life is on the line, the reliability of your ammo and firearm cannot be too good. There is a reason military and FBI ammo is always sealed and always has a crimped primer, and neck. There is also a reason handloads are not recommended for defensive/duty use.
    This is how I feel about it as well. That is why I question silver state armory's ammo. I wonder why they decided not to crimp/seal the ammo. I thought they were selling their ammo on the tactical market.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I am not le/mil so I can't attest to what they do for those customers.

I'll send Susan an email and see if I can get a response.

Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

+1

I have had popped primers before because they weren't crimped into the brass. When you get a popped primer in an AR15, the primer goes down into the fire control group and it locks up your gun. Picture the old cartoons where they put a big wrench inside some gears, and that's exactly what happens when a primer pops and falls down into your FCG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck556 View Post
    +1

I have had popped primers before because they weren't crimped into the brass. When you get a popped primer in an AR15, the primer goes down into the fire control group and it locks up your gun. Picture the old cartoons where they put a big wrench inside some gears, and that's exactly what happens when a primer pops and falls down into your FCG.
    That is exactly what I am afraid of

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck556 View Post
    +1

Sorry to double post but.......have thees issues caused any one to turn away from silver state armory's ammo on a function level when they would of selected it on a balistic performance level if it was infact crimped in the proper way, sealed, canalured, ext.....? Because that's where I am at.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast