Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Silver State Armory 5.56 64gr PPT Bonded

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRT View Post
    I guess they don't know...maybe Nosler will know. I'll contact them.
    The projectile does not have a solid base like the Bear Claw. The jacket at the base is heavier than normal. I have asked our IT guy to post a gel picture and a picture of an unfired bullet on our site. When he has it up I will post a link to it.

This projectile met all FBI requirements and I was told it pass thru a windsheild at a 63 degree angle of attack.

Art - SSA

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use ssa 70gr tsx whenever I can afford it. It's been 100% reliable.

Feedback Score
    The link below will take you to our site. Pictures of the gel, unfired bullet and the expanded bullet from the gel is pictured.

http://www.ssarmory.com/556ammunitio...PT_Bonded.aspx

Art - SSA

Feedback Score
    If you click several times on the gel picture it will enlarge to about 1/3 of the screen, gel shot was at 100 yards.

Art - SSA

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Doc, is it too early to revisit this? Have you tested any of the 64gr ppt yet?

Feedback Score
    Nope.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    any new info on this load?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The 64ppt is the nosler bonded solid base and unless they get it made to a different spec it does have a solid base like the tbbc. I have spoke to nosler and they verified the solid base. The bullets ssa uses do not have canellure, but the bullets used in the winchester loading does have a canellure.

If you go to sgaammo and look at the commercial version( i believe its ra556b) it shows the bullets sectioned on the packaging. It has similar construction to the tbbc with a more protected meplat. I am sitting on 500 of the nosler bonded solid base bullets. Once temps cool down i Will get a load for it figured out.

From what i have seen these are almost the equivalent of the tbbc. From the little info that's out on the 64bsb the tbbc slightly outperforms it. I have seen some pics of expanded bullets from a 22-250. Even at higher velocity these thing hold together. If i remember correctly he was driving them at 34xx fps.

Im hoping these become available as a component permanently so i do not have to constantly look for them.

Edit: this is a picture from sga ammo. Its from a box of ra556b.[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by jstone; 10-11-12 at 11:24.

Feedback Score
    It is indeed a very good bullet.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I am not mistaken I do believe I was told it was optimized version of that bullet by ssa when I was inquiring about it some time ago. I can only speculate on how it was optimized from the original BSB. Expansion charactoistics maybe ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast