Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rimfire Rifles Pic Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Henry Golden Boy

Waiting on Skinner peep sights. I have a particular aversion to leaf sights. I got the Skinner sights for $55 for my Big Boy and it's like a completely different rifle with them.

Feedback Score

My boys 10/22's... these are the most fired guns we own.

Smith&Wesson M&P15-22 MOE... an absolutely outstanding training aid.
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 03-29-12 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    Ruger 10/22 Take Down

I saw this new model on Lightfighter a couple weeks ago, and knew I'd have to jump on it.

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Ta...odels.html?r=y

I ordered it early last week and picked it up Wednesday morning after work. *I took it apart to see how the barrel lock works, and then spent a couple hours at the range slaying rows of steel plates. *Other than the quick-change barrel, it’s the 10/22 we’re all familiar with, and it ran like a Swiss watch. The trigger groups are plastic now, by the way. I don't know how long Ruger has been doing that. The last 10/22 I bought new was in '97.

I didn’t like the forend and barrel band, so I removed it and reshaped the forend to eliminate the flat spot the barrel band sits in...

Next, I cut the 18 1/2 barrel down to 16 1/4 inches and threaded it on my lathe 1/2” - 28 tpi for silencers. *I’m using a red-dot sight exclusively with this gun, so I’ll never miss the front sight.

Factory...

And mine...

Cheapo TruGlo sight. But it holds a zero a 50 yards, so I'm happy. I spent most of the day today reshaping the Ruger forend to match the Butler Creek folding stock. *Both stocks are black plastic and can be shaped fairly easily using a belt sander held in a vise. *Then lots of finish sanding by hand, and a light mist of rattle-can flat black on both to match the colors.

Here's the beauty of my rig...

Damned near fits in a shoebox.

I think I’ll register the receiver so I can get a spare barrel and cut it down to 6 inches, threading it as well.

Last edited by SpaceWrangler; 04-13-12 at 20:53.

Feedback Score
    It's such a terrible picture, but it's a Remington 597 VTR.

Easily the cheapest rifle I've ever had, and easily the most fun for the $$$. I threw a (4-10x?) Simmons scope on it and the thing will nail silver dollars at 100 yards over and over and over.

Not real silver dollars...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    CZ 452 Varmint
    Boyd's stock
    DIP 20 MOA rail
    Leupold PRW rings
    Mueller 4.5-14x40 scope
    Harris BRM bipod
    Duracoat
    Triad Tactical stock pack

This is my trainer for the .308 in the background:

Ruger Charger converted to rifle.

This has been reconfigured so many times, I'm rather over it. I hardly shoot it anymore after picking up the CZ:
    Last edited by Warg; 04-13-12 at 23:25. Reason: Added image

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Is that a Remington Mod. 12 single-shot? I almost threw down on one last year. Known as a military trainer iirc. Nice rifles you have there.
    You know,

Now I cannot recall the model # off the top of my head. I will have to dig it out and uncase it. It is deep in the back of one of the safes. That is going to bug me until I do.
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    Marlin 795, Tech Sights. Issued M24 sling.

Little thing is a very capable rifle.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    5 out of my 8 CZ's - I went a little crazy last year when I found out CZ was not going to make the 452's anymore.

Kimber 82C

Sig 522

Ruger 10/22 Special Edition

Feedback Score

Picked up this nice bolt action tubular magazine fed Marlin XT-22. It had a cheap scope on it, but I took that off. Already have a squirrel kill racked up with it in the first day or two of owning it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Marlin 795, Tech Sights. Issued M24 sling.

Little thing is a very capable rifle.
    How do you like the tech sights? I'm thinking I was going to add those to my XT22

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast