Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Targets Optimized for Red Dot Style Optics (Aimpoint, EOTech, etc...)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    a quick question related to your silhouette targets above - does a 25 yard zero also correlate to an impact at 300 yards?
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    a quick question related to your silhouette targets above - does a 25 yard zero also correlate to an impact at 300 yards?
    Close. The standard silhouette target (found here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95226) will actually yield around a 275-280 yard impact. The silhouette targets are in meters to as they are basically modified US Military zero targets. This also correlates with the standard AR15 carry handle sight system which is in meters.

Feedback Score
    Well done..I've used something very similar to these (yours definitely look like an improvement) with great success.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Much appreciated, thanks!

Feedback Score
    WOW, These really are something. I just picked up a 2 MOA T1, and am looking forward to using these for a zero.

Should happen this week or next.

It would be really cool if something like this could be made into a "shoot and see" type of target.

Thank you very much for your effort!
    Last edited by KiloXray; 02-21-12 at 18:01.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecolter View Post
    Close. The standard silhouette target (found here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95226) will actually yield around a 275-280 yard impact. The silhouette targets are in meters to as they are basically modified US Military zero targets. This also correlates with the standard AR15 carry handle sight system which is in meters.
    thanks. I thought it was close but didn't have access to traj charts. something someone said before about the Matech sight - using the 300 setting and zero at 25 made me think about this...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    thanks. I thought it was close but didn't have access to traj charts. something someone said before about the Matech sight - using the 300 setting and zero at 25 made me think about this...
    You're welcome.

Just remember, when using a Matech, the proper zero setting is 300M setting for a Carbine and the line between 200 and 300 for a rifle when using a 25M zero target.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecolter View Post
    You're welcome.

Just remember, when using a Matech, the proper zero setting is 300M setting for a Carbine and the line between 200 and 300 for a rifle when using a 25M zero target.
    aha! so I'm NOT crazy!

completely, that is...

never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just printied some of these off. Going to make an afternoon of it. Thanks for all your work. I'll report back when completed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you very much for sharing this with us. I just picked up an Aimpoint PRO for my M&P 15 and I plan on getting it dialed in this weekend with a 50 yard zero. Before I came across this thread, I planned on just winging it and hoping for the best results.

I'll share my results to help show how accurate these targets are for zero'ing an Aimpoint PRO w/ 16" barrel.

Thanks again,
    J

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast