Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the smallest, useful handgun for discreet CCW?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

What is the smallest, useful handgun for discreet CCW?

I put this here because I think titanium 5 shot .38 +Ps are smaller than most semi auto handguns, but if you can think of a semi auto that would suit my needs I'm all ears.

I am looking for something that is in a decent caliber that I can conceal wearing almost nothing. I want something that will easily fit in a pocket and not weigh it down. I want something tiny. I want to have this gun on me when I go to the beach in board shorts and not have anyone bat an eye at the huge bulge. A true "Concealed is concealed" gun.

This isn't for daily CCW. I'm not concerned about being outgunned or only having five rounds as this will only be used when it is physically impossible to carry anything bigger.

Is a Titanium .38 special (made by whom?) my best bet?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Ruger LCR.

Do not recommend Diamondback DB9.

iPad/Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    fwiw, the S&W 642 is what my wife carries. No exposed hammer to get caught on anything. While I carry the SA Micro .45, also small in its own right, but heavier than the 642.

Feedback Score
    the 642 loaded with +P is my lightest carry gun. Next up in my line is the G27 which is about the same size but heavier.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Im still waiting on something in 9mm thats the same size of the ruger lcp and just as reliable.

But for now its the jframe revolver that I carry around if I want something small.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I really like my S&W 342 for it's light weight and 5 for sure shots.

I also have a Kahr PM9 and a 642 but the 342 gets carried a lot more than the others.

Feedback Score
    The LCP is really easy to conceal, but I found that mine was unreliable.

I moved to a S&W 442. It always works and is not noticeably harder to hide than the LCP.

In board shorts, a smartcarry and 442, or LCR would be a winning combination.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You will probably say this is not effective, but I wouldn't want to be shot with it.

It fits all your other criteria.

http://www.northamericanarms.com/fir...lr/llr-hg.html

Feedback Score
    I carry a sig 238 in my pocket and a kahr pm40 either in a holster or in pocket......i think the pm's are about as small as you are going to find. I did pick up a lcr in 357 I am thinking about switching to

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I used to use a Colt .380 Mustang (NiteLite). Now, pretty much a Walther PPS in 9mm. Great gun and that would be my vote. My second choice would be an HK P2000SK.
    Last edited by Hmac; 01-16-12 at 20:18.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast