Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What is the smallest, useful handgun for discreet CCW?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have an M&P 340, but unless it was close contact (10yards or so) I would be afraid to squeeze. I think stats show most situations are inside of 10 yards? But this thread reminds me to go practice with it. Because in comparison, I'm not nearly as good and it's getting HOT

Then I move to XD40 sub-compact from a size stand-point, which IMHO, with that thickness why not carry the admirable G19- so I usually do that.

I am very interested in the M&P single stack 9mm coming out. I don't understand why more companies have not done this to compete with the Kahr single stacks that get so much play with those (1942 eastern Germany like) triggers. I know people love those Kahrs, and they get rave reviews, but I think i would prefer a single stack M&P.

It's girth that has made Kahr millions, God love em for pushing the issue.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-29-12 at 01:52. Reason: Yards not feet.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a 340 and I feel confident with it out to 25 yards. Just takes a bit more practice due to the shorter sight radius.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    I like my S&W 442 for concealment. It fits nicely in the front pocket of cargo pants/shorts.

That being said I really want either a Walther CW9 or a Kahr P9.

The Ruger LC9 just has too many safties on it and I don't live in Commiefornia. Plus it's trigger is too long and heavy.
    Last edited by NavyDavy55; 04-29-12 at 07:16.
    "You won't rise to the ocassion, you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun Instructor
    Pa ACT235 Firearms Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Any reason why I don't see the S&W 438 mentioned here?
    What's the consensus on this J-frame?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The 438 is a good revolver. Many prefer the DAO of the 442/642 series. in addition, the Centennial design permits the web of your hand to go a bit higher on the grip. Also the opening for the hammer of the 438 can permit pocket lint to enter. Not that big of a deal, just something to be on the watch for.

But I feel that all of the S&W alloy frame J-frame revolvers are in the same category as far as being used for pocket guns. The 3" -frames are a different matter, of course.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 04-29-12 at 07:51.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    The 438 is a good revolver. Many prefer the DAO of the 442/642 series. in addition, the Centennial design permits the web of your hand to go a bit higher on the grip. Also the opening for the hammer of the 438 can permit pocket lint to enter. Not that big of a deal, just something to be on the watch for.

But I feel that all of the S&W alloy frame J-frame revolvers are in the same category as far as being used for pocket guns. The 3" -frames are a different matter, of course.

This wall makes perfect sense.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314