Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Surefire's new line.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Agree, agree. X300 Ultra is a great advent to the available options.

Now will someone PLEASE machine up a simple little tailcap, Surefire, any aftermarket guys- I dont care, that I can swap the rocker switch out for? It just pops on there, would be ridiculously easy for the end user to install and seriously improve ease and reliability of use. I want push-button like on any other Surefire, or even an Inforce-style button just on an X300.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have been waiting and watching for the new scout lights ever since Surefire unveiled them.
    Last edited by justlikeanyoneelse; 11-21-12 at 17:45.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Now will someone PLEASE machine up a simple little tailcap, Surefire, any aftermarket guys- I dont care, that I can swap the rocker switch out for? It just pops on there, would be ridiculously easy for the end user to install and seriously improve ease and reliability of use. I want push-button like on any other Surefire, or even an Inforce-style button just on an X300.
    Best idea I've heard of in awhile!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I have actually been working on this...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Anyone know what happened to the M300V? I'm guessing it's on the back burner now.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

YES YES YES

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    On the topic of the back plate for the X300, I have been playing around with the idea trying to integrate a Surefire push cap found on the scout lights into a new back plate for the X300. Hopefully once I get an X300 Ultra (waiting on LAPG to restock) I can get started on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In case anyone is wondering, the new 500 lumen Surefire lights are using CREE XM-L LEDs - very efficient and very bright, however, the size of the LED die itself is much larger than legacy LEDs, so while overall output will be increased, you should expect more of a flood light than a beam. I have many 500-1000 lumen lights and my E2DL still has better range than any of them. Heck, my 6 year old Tiablo A9 probably has at least triple the range. So take this into consideration before you run out and buy the latest and greatest - you may be able to make it out to the same distance as a 200 lumen light with a tighter optic/LED, but most of those 500 lumens are going to be spread all around you instead of directly in front of you. For close-range outdoor night shooting, the new lights would seem ideal - indoors - maybe too bright. If you want to illuminate something out to 100+ yards, you're not going to notice much difference and may even take a performance hit.
    Last edited by Shao; 01-08-13 at 08:35.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617