Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire's new line.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post
    I was really hoping to see a compact x300 or something similar. Wonder what the msrp is on all those new items.
    I was hoping to see this as well. As a matter of fact, it is the one thing I was hoping SF would bring out at SHOT.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'm wondering if the X300 Ultra's beam is tight enough for long range use like the Scout lights. Also didn't Surefire have the 1 cell X300 last year at SHOT 2011? Whatever happened to that?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a Surefire with a drop-in 460 lumen LED bulb. It is ridiculously bright. Obviously the drop-in LED is more splash of light than a good Surefire focused and balanced beam but seriously it is a lot of light and you will lose your 'night vision' if you turn it on even briefly (think car headlight).

All that said - I would be willing to give a Surefire 500 lumen a shot.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Surprised there isn't more chatter on the cans.

The octagonal can I assumed was .22 but then in the video they appear to have it mounted on a 5.56 AR? Goes by kind of quick and I didn't pause it.

Also glad to see the compact .308 can getting some official attention from SF.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Surprised there isn't more chatter on the cans.

The octagonal can I assumed was .22 but then in the video they appear to have it mounted on a 5.56 AR? Goes by kind of quick and I didn't pause it.

Also glad to see the compact .308 can getting some official attention from SF.

I paused it, it is on a 22 upper.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think those lights seem to be getting larger and larger, I would be interested in more streamlined around the rails and smaller. Isn't the best place for light above or below the barrel on a weapon? Focus on getting the light as close to the hand guard as possible.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've carried the LX2 light for a while, which is 200/15 lumens. It's similar in size to the Executive series, though it's just a hair thicker. That light with 500 lumens will be great.

What I'd really like to see is their IR weapon lights get a 50% increase or more.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; 01-17-12 at 07:45.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo@RB1 View Post
    Looks good. Man 500 lumens may be too much i think. I don't know.
    No doubt. When I light up my plain old 120 indoors after my eyes have adjusted, it knocks me back.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sweet, 500 lumens is a lot, especially for indoors. Outdoors/carstops good to go.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Sweet, 500 lumens is a lot, especially for indoors. Outdoors/carstops good to go.
    Definitely a good outside light.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast