Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire's new line.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The X300 Ultra needed to be made and I will order one immediately.

The regular X300 is not enough light for outside rural situations with a 14.5" or longer gun.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    I always thought an "Irish" version of the m900 VFG weapon light would do well in the marketplace.

The monster can looks a little cheesey.

Cheers
    Life is like a shit sandwich...the more bread you have the less shit you have to eat.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The M500 and M900 just won't ****ing die from their product line.
    Last edited by scottryan; 01-17-12 at 10:21.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Surprised there isn't more chatter on the cans.
    I saw the can with the spikes/teeth and laughed. I don't know...just seems like one of the top-ten features added by manufacturers that cater to the Zombie-Apoc crowed.

I had a breacher muzzle-device on an 870 Police of mine a few years ago until I found that the spikes didn't do much accept destroy nylon gear and cases.
    Last edited by MikeCLeonard; 01-17-12 at 10:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The X300 Ultra needed to be made and I will order one immediately.

The regular X300 is not enough light for outside rural situations with a 14.5" or longer gun.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Will work perfectly on my Commando.

Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The M500 and M900 just won't ****ing die from their product line.
    Glad to see the 500 though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCLeonard View Post
    I saw the can with the spikes/teeth and laughed. I don't know...just seems like one of the top-ten features added by manufacturers that cater to the Zombie-Apoc crowed.

I had a breacher muzzle-device on an 879 Police of mine a few years ago until I found that the spikes didn't do much accept destroy nylon gear and cases.
    I know that muzzle strikes are a tool taught by some, and if you have a can they are less effective (same force over larger, blunter, area) so I dunno if the can spikes are an attempt to address that or what. Since it's Surefire, and not Eotech with their blatant zombie reticule, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know that muzzle strikes are a tool taught by some, and if you have a can they are less effective (same force over larger, blunter, area) so I dunno if the can spikes are an attempt to address that or what. Since it's Surefire, and not Eotech with their blatant zombie reticule, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Yeah, I'm guessing its designed that way for specific user groups and purposes...striking/breaking through glass.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo@RB1 View Post
    Wonder if the X400-IR is civilian legal.
    I've been asking around online to see if some one can answer or at least find out.

Also, does it look like they've reengineered their x-series mounts to a thumbscrew? I love the x300, but getting it one and off my rifle rail sucks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCLeonard View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing its designed that way for specific user groups and purposes...striking/breaking through glass.
    I punched my AAC can through glass and scratched the shit out of it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I believe it was mentioned last year that one of the units/groups that use Surefire cans (I guess that is not very specific) requested the crenelations for muzzle striking. I imagine in their line of work not everyone needs a bullet.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast