Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dark Angel med kit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSteele View Post
    Just heard back from Eggroll and the pouch is exclusive to the DARK kit as it will only hold the vacuum sealed pouch as a whole. It was not designed to hold the individual items and is not for sale separately. He stated that he has another pouch on his facebook page that will hold the individual items.
    www.facebook.com/extremegearlabs
    Just to clarify, the pouch is design to carry, retain and protect the vacuum shrunk DARK kit pack as a "by exception use only" unit for once the kit is deployed and opened the components will no longer fit... But consider the situation, that requires its deployment, "repacking" is not tops on priority

A tidbit for thought

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    Cat Tourniquet $10-$25
    Halo Occlusive Dressing $25
    combat gauze $25
    Shears $4
    NPA $3
    Gauze $.50
    Gloves box of 100 for $9 at harbor frieght (and their nitrile)
    4" izzy $6 max

There is no way i'd pay $75 for that pouch. Hell even SOE's full sized tear off med pouch is $85 and it holds WAY more than that and i guarantee the build quality is better. Even the new pouch from Zulu/Its tactical isn't even that pricey
    Your pricing for the CAT, Plain Gauze (of that spec/H&H vacuum sealed Primed) and Combat Gauze are representative of those at sources that are sourcing from avenues other than the manufacturer i.e. surplus or stolen. As a dealer who sources stock from manufacturers only and has confirmed that even by purchasing at the deepest discounts for high quantities doesn't even come close to those prices.

I have no dog in the fight in regards to this pouch and kit BUT it really annoys me when people assume that a company is price gouging by simply sourcing through the proper channels (not stolen), respecting Minimum Advertised Pricing set by manufacturers, and charging a respectable mark up that allows businesses to exist longer than the expiration on a website address or paypal violations, etc.

ETA-If you don't have an issue purchasing stolen equipment because it saves you a dollar, at least don't bad mouth the companies that refuse to budge on their ethics and sell gear with a verifiable chain of supply.
    Last edited by MIKE G; 01-24-12 at 20:51.

Feedback Score
    Im not gonna dog pile or anything but I really have to agree here with the pricing of the pouch and kit inside.

This is possibly one of the best deals for what comes included. The only time I have ever seen stuff cheaper is as Mike said; through other channels/surplus. I get this stuff from the Army and its more expensive for our kits direct GSA price/NSN order.

I would place faith in the quality of this kit too. When your bleeding out, you want the best.
    Warrior Shoot Event Group Inc.
    "Abilities! Not Disabilities."

Feedback Score
    A similar pouch can be purchased for about $28-30 from HSGI, also AustereProvisions.com sells the EAG ifak kit which contains almost all the same items; have no relation to Austere Provisions, other than being an extremely satisfied customer !

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Yes I know this thread is over a year old, but it seems to have alot of good info and didn't want to start another just for a simple question.

I know this is a sealed kit, but would there be any harm in unsealing it and still keeping it for use?
    I'd really hate to buy it, attach it to my belt and then not know where things are in it during a situation. Would be nice to open and play with it before hand.
    Does that kind of ruin the purpose though?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattg1024 View Post
    Yes I know this thread is over a year old, but it seems to have alot of good info and didn't want to start another just for a simple question.

I know this is a sealed kit, but would there be any harm in unsealing it and still keeping it for use?
    I'd really hate to buy it, attach it to my belt and then not know where things are in it during a situation. Would be nice to open and play with it before hand.
    Does that kind of ruin the purpose though?
    No, the purpose as i understand it is for people who cant skillfully select every item of their own kit. One stop shop, as they say. This way they insure they have a good kit.

If you get it home and open it up. The only thing you lose is some water proofing. You dont have a food saver?? If you know someone who does you can repackage it in a different shape or add a few or take out a few items and reseal.

For instance i have an ITS med kit and will be getting just the pouch from Dark Angel. So ill have to unpack and repackage my ITS kit to fit. If theres room ill add extra gloves, duck tape, and a swat-t. Ill probably take out the mojodart and have it inside the pouch but not the plastic.

Edit to add:I should note that one of the benefits of a vacuum sealed kit within a pouch is that you can reach back, and pull your entire kit from your pouch and have it to work with. (As opposed to pulling each item individually from a kit thats hard to get to.) Medics tend to prefer to have individual items so they dont have to open an entire kit, and everything is easy access as they need it. But their kits are usually more easily accessed vs an IFAK. Just something to think about.
    Last edited by NeoNeanderthal; 08-16-13 at 08:54.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234