Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Angel med kit.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Looks like a good kit. However seems like you are paying for convenience. Reminds me of the NAR kits. Those are expensive!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    The pouch is nice, but not $75 nice...I thought I recognized EGL.
    You have to pay the EGL premium prices, no matter how simple or easy the pouch.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks like the pouch is $30 on EGL's Facebook page. He makes another one with a double pistol front for $45.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Warrior View Post
    Looks like a good kit. However seems like you are paying for convenience. Reminds me of the NAR kits. Those are expensive!
    BINGO!

Also there is no markup because of Costa's involvement. This is the SAME price Kerry @ Dark Angel charges. Chris is just helping Kerry to push these kits. And I've yet to find a kit nearly as low profile as this.

It boggles my mind when people scoff over the cost of a med kit (which more often than not people lack training on anyways) but have NO qualms about putting the latest whiz bang bullshit doodad on their gun.

Anyways, I couldn't be happier with mine, and it allows me to throw away a lot of previous IFAKs that were the size of lunch boxes:

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    The kit caught my eye, (which is why I wanted all of you to look at it). I think I am going to keep looking for now. Is it me or does this kit look to be about the size of a double AR mag pouch? Would a "tray" (I can't remember who makes them without an exhaustive search) type system work better for sticking with the double AR pouch size be good?? For some reason the pics I have seen can't give me a good sizing perspective between the kit and and the mentioned pouch. FWIW, I already have an Endom double AR mag pouch that doesn't have a home anywhere yet.
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    You do know as an alternative to the pouch you could buy the DARK medical kit without the pouch by buying the refill kit.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have this tray, it will fit in a double, but works great in a triple. Not sure if it was the tray kit you were thinking of.

http://www.originalsoegear.com/medtray.html

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    It boggles my mind when people scoff over the cost of a med kit (which more often than not people lack training on anyways) but have NO qualms about putting the latest whiz bang bullshit doodad on their gun.
    Generally I agree, but people should scoff over a 1000% mark-up. I say this specifically about the items, not the pouch, but assuming you pay $50 for the items, you are still looking at a over $100 for a MEDICAL pouch.

Edited to add, it is capitalism at its finest, and I ain't gonna bust a brother's balls if he can get away making extra scratch if he can.
    Last edited by chuckman; 01-21-12 at 06:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If they can make money, good for them. The kit contents are GTG.
    EGL pouches are known-good. Folks should have a FAK/BOK of some flavor. Whatever the motivation of the buyer or the effect of marketing, if it puts more kits in peoples hands, that's a good outcome.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan View Post
    I have this tray, it will fit in a double, but works great in a triple. Not sure if it was the tray kit you were thinking of.

http://www.originalsoegear.com/medtray.html
    Yep, thats the one. Their website says the tray will fit into a double mag pouch. The Dark Angel kit looks about as wide as 2 AR mags. I like the tray idea but for now I will keep looking. BTW, who makes a triple AR pouch??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast