Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Larue PredatOBR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    Given the price of barrels, I would rather have 2 barrels in the end, there are a lot of companies that would just leave the buyer empty handed and waited.
    I own an LMT MWS. For just over $3500, I have a 16" CL .308 and a 20" SS .260 for competition. AND it's in a package designed to have a changeable barrel. Win win.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    There is a reason the gun industry has evolved to include a handful of precision barrel manufacturers. It is a highly specialized skill.

LaRue is bringing it in house for economic reasons.

Don't have one on order but if I did I'd be very concerned about the quality of barrel he can produce and how it will hold up.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    This whole saga is pretty weird. Poorly handled by LaRue, all around. They went from a top-tier company to a mid- to bottom-tier company in less than two years. Some industry vets with solid reps whom I've known for years as trustworthy sources want nothing to do with LaRue moving forward because of this whole thing. And I don't blame them.

It looks like they went for too much, too fast. Like a lot of other companies have over the years.

Glad I dumped both of my 5.56mm PredatARs before even the bubbas found out LaRue didn't do enough T&E.

What a shame.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is there a link to the problems? I have been out of the loop since I cancelled my order 18 months ago....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If someone would like to give me their predatar in 5.56 for a grand I would be happy to take it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    I guess I am out of the loop, but last I knew the OBR was a solid rifle. I cannot put myself to buy a KAC for their prices, I have not seen them perform to any degree higher than the competition to warrant the extra cash, but then again I haven't handled the new offerings. I personally think the LMT is a solid value, but I am personally waiting for a SCAR 17.
    Given the price of barrels, I would rather have 2 barrels in the end, there are a lot of companies that would just leave the buyer empty handed and waited.
    Well I sold my SR25 and bought a SCAR17. Its just as accurate, lighter, more ergonomic and more reliable.

I would like a Gap10 in .260 or 6.5CM down the road.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Well I sold my SR25 and bought a SCAR17. Its just as accurate, lighter, more ergonomic and more reliable.

I would like a Gap10 in .260 or 6.5CM down the road.
    there are several reasons why i cancelled my OBR to get a SCAR

Feedback Score
    Damn first time being classified as a fool . Just re-confirms why I don't post much on forums. I don't know about LT's past business practices - link would be appreciated so I can read up.

Anyways no matter what you decide to purchase - SCAR, KAC, DD, Noveske, BCM, JP, GAP, etc..good on you. I hope you have no issues and enjoy your purchase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fool here too.

I have had two PredatOBRs on order since February 2013.
    One in 5.56 and one in 7.62. I plan to stick it out.
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    Until the other makers get quantities of quality guns out, the only 2 7.62 AR manufacturers I'd go with are a LMT or KAC. Larue crapped in his own bed, not enough Colt 901s to judge, most others manufacturers are doing things like the minor league.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast