Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Larue PredatOBR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Hands-on for the last 24 hours - impressions.

I expected to really dislike a lot of the design changes, and I really only dislike a few of them. The suitcase rifle changes aren't what I origi. Ended up being a cost-sink for APPI, but I'm willing to accept shortcomings like the barrel deal if a company has shown a willingness to put customer satisfaction over short term red ink, ;
    Mark LaRue has made it very clear to me that he is most concerned about the resale value of the product.

My interpretation (and experience) is that this is to the detriment of customer service.

If he, or anyone at his company, wants to make it right, I'm more than willing to meet half way...even more than half way. The ball is in his court.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Im still at a loss over this resale notion. If you put out a winning product it never leaves the possession of the first purchaser. That and he doesn't make any money on "resale" transactions. Sooo yea?? Piss poor strategy imo.

Feedback Score
    ****UPDATE****

I spent a good two hours with Mark LaRue and a team of his folks tonight AFTER they closed for the day. I learned a a lot, and Mark addressed every single question I had. If he didn't know the answer, the right guy was there to answer it.

If you spend time with the engineers who build the gun, then it's probably going to be fairly eye opening, as it was for me.
    Last edited by TheBelly; 10-29-13 at 23:32.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
    ****UPDATE****

I spent a good two hours with Mark LaRue and a team of his folks tonight AFTER they closed for the day. I learned a a lot, and Mark addressed every single question I had. If he didn't know the answer, the right guy was there to answer it.

If you spend time with the engineers who build the gun, then it's probably going to be fairly eye opening, as it was for me.
    Would you please share some specifics? Mine is being built this week.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    Would you please share some specifics? Mine is being built this week.
    Most of what was shared is covered by a non-disclosure agreement. I will say that each gun is unique and that you should not be afraid to try different shooting styles until you find what works for YOUR gun, ammo, and shooting style.

Feedback Score
    Damn, too bad you can't go into the details.
    I think most of us know that .308 guns like to be driven differently. When you find the way the rifle likes it, you stick with it. Sometimes 2 .308 ARs built on the same line at the same time that appear identical will prefer different ammo for peak accuracy. The reliability deal is another issue, if it seems ammo sensitive or a jamomatic in general. There should be a standard to test with, and not the run around of keep trying other stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Damn, too bad you can't go into the details.
    I think most of us know that .308 guns like to be driven differently. When you find the way the rifle likes it, you stick with it. Sometimes 2 .308 ARs built on the same line at the same time that appear identical will prefer different ammo for peak accuracy. The reliability deal is another issue, if it seems ammo sensitive or a jamomatic in general. There should be a standard to test with, and not the run around of keep trying other stuff.

All the testing at LaRue was with FGMM 175. I've created better groups using something else.

I agree that each gun has its preferences. however, you can't fool physics.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627