Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: For those wanting a TAVOR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Of course, I don't understand the Russophiles either.....
    I blame that shit on dudes like Sonny Puzikas who sell their training services based on the fact that they were Spetsnaz.

He's not the only person who did that either.

Also, it's a thing of "if com-bloc guns are cool... then so are the com-bloc soldiers!"
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Cool, hands on experience. Do you find that you need to hold the rifle a bit lower when switching to weak side or do you use the same exact cheek weld? It wasn't completely clear to me from your video.
    I have found it challenging in the past to acquire optics or irons when holding left handed, which says to me that I likely hold lower instinctually.

One of my goals for 2013 is to take a carbine course that forces me to do more off-hand shooting.

Last edited by TV-PressPass; 01-20-13 at 16:25.
    I do videos with my Tavor: www.youtube.com/user/WildGunmenOsborne

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    To even ponder that the Israeli's conscripts are better than our forces with a majority of the SNCO,NCO, and officer leadership having multiple combat deployments (not against kids throwing rocks and getting their asses kicked in 08) is showing an unwillingness to embrace reality.

Of course, I don't understand the Russophiles either.....
    I'm not trying to jump on the other side of the fence and say they're terrible. Despite the mistakes in Lebanon, Hezb got real quiet after that war. They got their asses rocked harder than they're willing to publicly admit. Not to mention, a lot of the failures were analyzed into new operating procedures i.e. the Gaza War just a few years later.

I don't doubt for a second that the average Izzie infantryman is good at what he does, just like a US infantryman. However, your mention of NCOs is an important point. AFAIK their NCOs serve their several years of conscripted time and that's it. Which is to say, no professional NCO corps. Kind of a big deal, I think.

As far as Russophiles go, just remember, that by the end of 2013 the Russians will make... SOCKS standard issue:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/shor...ot-wraps-socks

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    I have found it challenging in the past to acquire optics or irons when holding left handed, which says to me that I likely hold lower instinctually.

One of my goals for 2013 is to take a carbine course that forces me to do more off-hand shooting.
    Thanks, that exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

Lucky Canadians, you got some cool toys.

I can't wait till we can get these too.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 01-20-13 at 16:28.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I blame that shit on dudes like Sonny Puzikas who sell their training services based on the fact that they were Spetsnaz.

He's not the only person who did that either.

Also, it's a thing of "if com-bloc guns are cool... then so are the com-bloc soldiers!"
    Part of it also is focusing on SOF being cool. US, British, Aussie, French, Israelis, they all have great SOF units. So do the Russians, no doubt. That doesn't mean average Johnny is going to be the biggest badass in the universe. And neither will average Ivan.

I'm sure there are some useful things all of us could learn even from guys like Sonny, if you some of those methods and safety proof them a little bit. Having said that, no amount of secret Spetsnaz knowledge is worth taking a double-tap to the torso!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Part of it also is focusing on SOF being cool. US, British, Aussie, French, Israelis, they all have great SOF units. So do the Russians, no doubt. That doesn't mean average Johnny is going to be the biggest badass in the universe. And neither will average Ivan.

I'm sure there are some useful things all of us could learn even from guys like Sonny, if you some of those methods and safety proof them a little bit. Having said that, no amount of secret Spetsnaz knowledge is worth taking a double-tap to the torso!
    I bet another part of it is the Cold War thing. Everybody is infatuated with what they percieved as "the enemy" for so many years.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Here's the number one reason I like the Tavor:

Barrel lengths go
    • 16.5"
    • 15"
    • 7.5"

I do videos with my Tavor: www.youtube.com/user/WildGunmenOsborne

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for that pic. You just got "She Who Shall Be Obeyed" on board.
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Here's the number one reason I like the Tavor:

Barrel lengths go
    • 16.5"
    • 15"
    • 7.5"

That Tavor is beautiful. What did you use on the stock? Duracoat or something else?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This will be my next purchase. Love these rifles. The reps came out to our range and did a demo. Smooth shooting and well balanced.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031