Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: m4carbine.net Member Competition

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

m4carbine.net Member Competition

Perusing snipers hide the other day as I'm getting ready to play around with the long range thing I realized that they have an ongoing informal bragging rights only rimfire competition where members can put their skills to the test amongst the membership. https://www.snipershide.com/forum/ub...51#Post3007051

I'd really like to see something similar happen here...AR style of course.

Ideas? It could be a series of drills every month with times posted according to some system(I could police them up and enter them into a dedicated thread, and volunteer my mediocre services if this comes to pass.) It could be scores on various standards, bullseye competitions, I suppose the possibilities are endless if it becomes an ongoing thing.

Will people cheat? Probably, but I guess I don't really care. Some folks will back it up with video, some will shoot with other members present who can vouch, and some we'll just have to take at their word.

Any interest?
    Last edited by thopkins22; 01-18-12 at 02:27.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think it's a great idea. I think it should be:
    -monthly
    -AR only (this is m4carbine.net afterall)
    -video documented when possible

They could range from the MEU(SOC) to the Modified Navy Qual to some of the VTAC drills, to some of the drills in Pat McNamara's book, etc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sounds interesting and fun. Im able to visit the range weekly again so this could add some flare to my trips.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sounds like a good idea to me but it would be nice to have pistol as well. Also I don't think I'm alone in that I have to shoot at a static range

7-15 yard

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    there are other sites that are doing pistol. this site is still "m4carbine"...

if we ARE going to do both they should be kept separate. Those that can't get to a rifle range or one that allows them can do the pistol stuff, those that are only interested in the rifle stuff can do just that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I think it's a great idea. I think it should be:
    -monthly
    -AR only (this is m4carbine.net afterall)
    -video documented when possible

They could range from the MEU(SOC) to the Modified Navy Qual to some of the VTAC drills, to some of the drills in Pat McNamara's book, etc.
    I think it's a neat idea too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They did this on ARF at one time. Post your groups doing drill X, etc.

Integrity issues are obviously a concern... but it's not like cash rewards are at stake.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Uncut video should filter some of that concern out. I would participate; I don't imagine I will fare well, but some constructive criticism from my peers on the attempts would be great.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    It could go as far as having members send in their drill ideas and a Mod selecting each months drill.

"insert member name and drill name here" drill for Feb 2012
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I go in for shoulder surgery tomorrow and will look into this. It would have to be set up so that it maximizes the number of people that can do it based on range restrictions, etc. Of course it's the honor system and people would have to live with themselves if cheating.

Let's throw some ideas about--

After my dope supply runs out, I will be able to make sense on the follow up.= and will plenty of time I hope.

Some ideas
    Years ago, I did the rimfire central postal match. You sent your fee to the match organizer (cheap) and he would send you the target(s) that were numbered and marked. You shot and sent then to him and he would post the results. That would be a lot of work.

An idea is to standardize the target, easily obtainable and the course could change, again trying to allow maximum participation with various range restriction. We could simply have the score posted and those could be organized into order.
    Ground rules would need to be set such as check zero and shoot it once and not shoot it until you have a great score. We could do two classes, irons only and dots, wouldn't want to get into precision scoped on this.

We could do two courses, one static for those who can't move and one with positional/movement, etc.

anyhow---
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast