Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: m4carbine.net Member Competition

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    personally, as mentioned, I don't care if not everyone can shoot every single drill.
    10-4... I did the math and it really doesn't size up well anyway. I think I'll just use your idea for a personalize target. I like the idea you came up with.

I've got an idea for a 7 yard pistol deal anyway. Will post if I can get it drawn up.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ok, this will allow it to be fired indoors, variation of the 1-5 drill, but will use only two targets. You may only have one lane to use and not be able to use 5 bays on a range.

Affix two B8 targets vertically so they do not overlap. I would suggest using the B8 repair centers (B-8C(P) or fold the full sheet if you have those, copies can be used as well. You buy these at pistoleer in 12-100 packs.

Carbine at the ready, which will be stated at a 45 degree angle, muzzle toward the ground in front. Safety applied and stock mounted, finger straight and indexed on lower. Pistol is the same, held two hand supported, safety on if applicable.

Carbine at 10 yards, pistol at 5

On signal, engage in order bottom target with one round, top target with two rounds, bottom target with three rounds, top target with four rounds and bottom target with five rounds. If you have a single stack-deal with it---I'll throw you guys a bone and this is the variation for the pistol. Same engagement order with the exception of load your mags/pistol so you end up with a slide lock after the four rounds in the top target, reload and finish with the five rounds in the bottom target.

Scoring, time plus. .50 added for each shot in 9 ring, 1 second for each shot in 8 ring, 7 or worse is 5 seconds for each shot. Ties broken with x count(those odds are so slim that you should play the lotto instead)
    State time and raw score, break down x, 10, 9, 8 and worse, we can add the penalties(time plus)

We'll do iron sights or red dot in the same category, carbine or pistol.

So how's that for a start?

Oh, minimum .380 for the pistol and 5.45 with the carbine. I don't care if you have a can, brake, baby IPSC loads with ported barrels with bored rifling, etc, you live with yourself.

This is the Feb 2012 match, Rob will do the March match, Rob whatever you want to make up, we will do. Would you roger up for the score collecting?

I think we should move this over to the competition section.

The match is stuck and locked at the top, I'll unlock it for scores only Feb 1
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    This is the Feb 2012 match, Rob will do the March match, Rob whatever you want to make up, we will do. Would you roger up for the score collecting?
    Would a chart suffice?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Would a chart suffice?
    certainly! however you want to lay it out or if you wanted to collect more info on the guns, etc so an iron shooter can see how he/she does against a dot, etc.

Thanks!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    certainly! however you want to lay it out or if you wanted to collect more info on the guns, etc so an iron shooter can see how he/she does against a dot, etc.

Thanks!
    Very cool.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    sounds like a great idea.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Here's my suggestion. It's a takeoff of the VTAC 1/2&1/2 Drill.

Carbine
    Distance: 5 Yards
    Round Count: 30
    Target: Link (and attached)
    Start Position: muzzle depressed at below 45* to the ground, stock in shoulder, hands on pistol grip and forend, looking over top of gun at target.
    Scoring: Go/No-Go, report time(s)

Fire 10 rounds into the 2" Circle. Record time.
    Fire 10 rounds into the 4" Circle. Record time.
    Fire 10 rounds into the 8" circle. Record time.
    All hits must be inside the circle, or breaking the line, to count.

Report fastest times for a full "go". Do not pick and choose this 2" time and that 8" time, but all times from the shortest overall clean run.

2" Time:
    4" Time:
    8" Time:
    # of attempts to get clean run:
    Carbine used:
    Modifications to stock Carbine:
    Ammo used:

Handgun
    Distance: 3 Yards
    Round Count: 30
    Target: Link (and attached)
    Start Position: Pistol holstered, hands at side.
    Scoring: Go/No-Go, report time(s)

Fire 10 rounds into the 2" Circle. Record time.
    Fire 10 rounds into the 4" Circle. Record time.
    Fire 10 rounds into the 8" circle. Record time.
    All hits must be inside the circle, or breaking the line, to count.

Report fastest times for a full "go". Do not pick and choose this 2" time and that 8" time, but all times from the shortest overall clean run. Report if shot from concealment or open carry.

2" Time:
    4" Time:
    8" Time:
    # of attempts to get clean run:
    Concealed/Open Carry:
    Pistol used:
    Modifications to stock pistol:
    Ammo used:

This looks great.... I would have to get permission from the president of my gun club since they freak out with rate of fire violations. Some old timers ( Bench rest shooters and clay shooters ) complain all the time when I do drills on the range.

Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzoid View Post
    This looks great.... I would have to get permission from the president of my gun club since they freak out with rate of fire violations. Some old timers ( Bench rest shooters and clay shooters ) complain all the time when I do drills on the range.

I am hopeful that we can also have months when the drills are slow-fire and precision-oriented. Perhaps even bench-rest related for those so inclined.

I already have an idea for that in April, which well hopefully have enough interest to get to, but I'll happily step aside if anyone else has an idea for that month/genre.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This all sounds great! All-remember, the feb 2012 match is posted so you can see what it entails, etc.

oh, the B-8C(P) "B-8 repair center, paper and other targets for future use

http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/handgun/
    http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/highpower/
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I am in, I am also seeing about starting up a similar offering at work....
    Terra, obumbravit, Terra malum, Illi qui seminat semina itineris, Quare reum esse?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast