Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New from AAC

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Am I the only one excited about the Handi Rifle in .300 BLK? Pair that with the new Hunter can and you've got a pretty inexpensive way to get into .300 BLK.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
    Am I the only one excited about the Handi Rifle in .300 BLK? Pair that with the new Hunter can and you've got a pretty inexpensive way to get into .300 BLK.
    I already told my young son that rifle would make a good first gun for him to take deer hunting.

Like you said, throw a cheaper can on it and it gets a person into the .300 BLK quite impressively.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I really like the new 90 tooth mount. Not so sure about the cutouts in the tube that expose the baffle stack. I would love to hear more about this. Was there a specific reason for this or was it done solely for aesthetic reasons?

ETA: Quote from Jason on ST:
    " I think they look very cool in person. Of course, the purpose is weight reduction up there, so material can be added to the blast chamber area to increase strength where pressure is the hghest without increasing overall weight."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I really like the new 90 tooth mount. Not so sure about the cutouts in the tube that expose the baffle stack. I would love to hear more about this. Was there a specific reason for this or was it done solely for aesthetic reasons?
    It apparently lets them reinforce other areas without adding more weight.

I'm not sure how much of a difference that little bit of material makes, but I doubt it has any real affect on function.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
    That is pretty neat, but the one big advantage of 330 BLK over 7.62x39 is the ability to run subsonic loads from a magazine in an autoloader.

As a reloader, comparing two single shot break-barrels, one in 7.62x39 and one in 300 BLK, there doesn't seem to be as much of an advantage. If you've already got a 300 BLK coolguy gun, then I'd lean towards the 300 BLK Handi Rifle too. BUT, if you're already got a big pile of .311" projos and dies for 7.62x39, then have fun with your commie single shot
    Last edited by kartoffel; 01-20-12 at 10:46.
    Oh no, not another lube thread! Read this first: Lubrication 101.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    So is AAC no longer making an M4-1000?

Their catalog doesn't list one.

Not having an 18T option is scary, Vato!!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    It apparently lets them reinforce other areas without adding more weight.

I'm not sure how much of a difference that little bit of material makes, but I doubt it has any real affect on function.
    I don't know Euro...taking the amount of removed steel from the front shell of the tube and adding it to the thickness of the first baffle or two could possibly make a pretty good difference in durability.

In theory, it sounds like a pretty slick idea to me.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Love the looks of the SR7 and the 90T system looks promising.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RCO'B View Post
    Love the looks of the SR7 and the 90T system looks promising.
    From what I read on TOS, expect them to be "promising" in JANUARY 2013 and most likely not before then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast