Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory XD-S, .45ACP single stack 5+1

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    When I see le I like to look and see what they are carrying. I have noticed more are now carrying Xd or XDm. I still see more glocks then anything else, but not nearly as much now.
    I have owned the Xd and XDm and liked them for what they were, tools. I don't see them being any better then Glock, just different.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    XD's are a no go for serious use--the inability to retract the slide without engaging the grip safety makes one-hand injured operation very difficult with the XD--this is a deal breaker for me. In addition, in some government tests, XD's (particularly the .40's) have broken a lot of parts compared to other pistols being tested...I'll take a 9 mm Glock or M&P any day of the week over an XD.
    Start at 3:55
    Magpul Pistol Drills (Malfunctions)

every one handed malfunction drill shown in this video is done with a proper firing grip on the gun. How does a grip safety prevent you from doing this? It is a moot point as long as you have a proper grip. How else are you suppose to rack the slide one handed without having a proper firing grip on the pistol?

Feedback Score
    What's with the fiber optic???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    Start at 3:55
    Magpul Pistol Drills (Malfunctions)

every one handed malfunction drill shown in this video is done with a proper firing grip on the gun. How does a grip safety prevent you from doing this? It is a moot point as long as you have a proper grip. How else are you suppose to rack the slide one handed without having a proper firing grip on the pistol?
    I agree with you, we were trained to use the rear sights to rack one handed, either off of your duty holster, table, car door, etc. I'll take my XD's over my Glock any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'll pick one of these up if the price is right. XD's are very nice firearms. They have a bad rep on these forums but according to this forum the only handguns even worth owning are Glock/MP/HK so take that with a grain o' salt!

The whole "no one handed manipulation" is stupid. What are the chances that you won't be able to manipulate it because of an injury and even so, it would be handled the same way as any other handgun; regardless of any grip safety. There is tons of videos around of people demonstrating this. Verdict??? MOOT POINT. INTERNET MYTH. How would you not be able to manipulate the gun because of the grip safety? This to me proves that people online will say anything to try and validate their claims. If you're holding the gun, you're pressing the safety. Period.

The real flaw of the XD is the roll pin that will break if you dry fire it too much. Get some snap caps, or simply put.. DON'T DRY FIRE IT.

Besides that, the XD/XDM series are fine handguns. Yes, I'm sure there are lemons but every brand has their lemons even HK (albeit much less).

The XDM line is certainly not worth the $600-$750 asking price though. For that money you could buy an HK! For $400-$450, I think the XD's are sweet shooters and very reliable. I had a XD9SC that ate everything, steel casing, +p, you name it. Never had one malfunction and the accuracy was the best I've ever seen from a sub-compact, hands down. I only sold it to fund my HK!
    Last edited by djmorris; 01-22-12 at 12:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shutup&shoot View Post
    When I see le I like to look and see what they are carrying. I have noticed more are now carrying Xd or XDm. I still see more glocks then anything else, but not nearly as much now.
    Perhaps you could give us some agencies that tested and then issued them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    I'll pick one of these up if the price is right. XD's are very nice firearms. They have a bad rep on these forums but according to this forum the only handguns even worth owning are Glock/MP/HK so take that with a grain o' salt!
    Apparently we should also take what the vast majority of LE agencies have been choosing with "a grain o' salt" as well.

Since you don't think the opinions of the professionals on M4C are valid, why did you bother to sign up?

Feedback Score
    The whole "no one handed manipulation" is stupid. What are the chances that you won't be able to manipulate it because of an injury
    Last edited by Jake'sDad; 01-22-12 at 14:05.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Dude, don't get so offended over nothing. I'm saying what are the chances that you'd be injured in a way that it's going to stop you from manipulating the firearm? I can't think of any way the grip safety would stop you. I don't care if you had one of your arms blown off, it's going to be the same as any other handgun in terms of manipulating it.

I do value the opinions of people here, not you, but others. I'm just saying there are other handguns worth owning other than Glock/MP/HK.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because I think the XD's are decent guns that get a bad rap' around here. I'm guessing you haven't even owned one, let alone shot one.

The "vast majority" of LE agencies. Seriously? I want to see the proof because everything I ever hear is "a guy I knew friends dad is a LEO at this agency". I've spoken with many LEO who tested the XD series and most of them agreed it was a nice handgun but their dept. did not issue it because they don't get significant bulk LE pricing compared to companies like Glock and S&W who practically give them away.
    Last edited by djmorris; 01-22-12 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    The "vast majority" of LE agencies. Seriously? I want to see the proof because everything I ever hear is "a guy I knew friends dad is a LEO at this agency".
    Of the three guns you mentioned, (Glock, S&W, and H&K), Glock claims they have 65% of the LE market and S&W has sold hundreds of agencies M&P pistols in the last couple of years alone. Though H&K has a pretty small share of the LE market, SIG still has some significant LE business, especially in the federal agencies, and Beretta still has a few majors issuing their guns.

Do you know of any agencies issuing the XD?

I've spoken with many LEO who tested the XD series and most of them agreed it was a nice handgun but their dept. did not issue it because they don't get significant bulk LE pricing compared to companies like Glock and S&W who practically give them away.
    Yes, it must be pricing that's kept the XD from taking business away from Glock, S&W, SIG, Beretta and H&K ......

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast