Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory XD-S, .45ACP single stack 5+1

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Last edited by djmorris; 03-10-13 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    I guess what I'm confused about is how can the weapon be so small yet weigh more than its similarly sized sub compacts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoup View Post
    I guess what I'm confused about is how can the weapon be so small yet weigh more than its similarly sized sub compacts?

I am hoping that is the loaded weight. I just weighed my XD .40 S&W Subcompact and its only 32 oz fully loaded with Federal Hydra-Shocks. 9 in the magazine and 1 chambered. I emailed Springfield and asked them about it hopefully they will reply soon and I'll post what they said here once I get the email back.
    WFD
    EMR
    FF

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    deleted....
    Last edited by Jim D; 01-23-12 at 16:36.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Anyone who thinks LEO agencies get guns given to them is nuts. Yes we pay less because we don't have to pay the Federal Excise tax but its not nearly as cheap as many seem to think. The reason the XD is not as popular is lack of support from Springfield (ie no armoers program) and frankly lower quality when compared to guns like the Glock, M&P, HK etc.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Anyone who thinks LEO agencies get guns given to them is nuts. Yes we pay less because we don't have to pay the Federal Excise tax but its not nearly as cheap as many seem to think. The reason the XD is not as popular is lack of support from Springfield (ie no armoers program) and frankly lower quality when compared to guns like the Glock, M&P, HK etc.
    Pat
    During the changeover from revolvers to autos, and again when many agencies went from 9 to .40, there were some pretty sweet deals done, especially with high profile agencies, (straight across trades for old guns, etc.). But you're right, most departments, unless it's LAPD, NYPD, FBI, etc, are paying full boat these days, and I have zero doubt Springfield can be competitive for an agency that wants their guns.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't seem to make much sense, perhaps it is a misprint.

Regardless, even if the weight is more in line with other sub's, they don't seem to have achieved anything earth shattering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Doesn't seem to make much sense, perhaps it is a misprint.

Regardless, even if the weight is more in line with other sub's, they don't seem to have achieved anything earth shattering.
    No they haven't but I don't like my Glock, my XD has well over 2k rounds through it and the only thing I replaced was my recoil spring. Also I work for a department that has a list of weapons we can and can't use. XD, Glock, M&P, older Smith, Ruger, Sigs, and Berretta automatics, all in DAO. So I will stick with what I feel comfortable with.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No they haven't but I don't like my Glock, my XD has well over 2k rounds through it and the only thing I replaced was my recoil spring. Also I work for a department that has a list of weapons we can and can't use. XD, Glock, M&P, older Smith, Ruger, Sigs, and Berretta automatics, all in DAO. So I will stick with what I feel comfortable with.

An XD is not DAO. Secondly 2K is not that many rounds. Come back and talk to us when you have fired more than 10k. That said I agree you should shoot what you feel comfrtable with and what you shoot well.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 01-23-12 at 19:15.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    Jake, I'm not trying to argue with you on all these points - calm down. Why are you dissecting my post trying your hardest to make me look stupid even as I agree with you?! I'm just making conversation!
    I am calm......I'm too old not to be calm...

You need to go back and read what you wrote, and what I wrote. If you don't see some problems with how you responded, read them again.

Other than that, take it to PM with me if you'd like some more witty repartee....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast