Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ 805 Bren A1 & Scorpion Evo 3 A1

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Many make the comment how the Bren A1 resembles FN's SCAR, I think it looks more like an updated FNC myself.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Many make the comment how the Bren A1 resembles FN's SCAR, I think it looks more like an updated FNC myself.
    It's neither. History of this design goes back to 2004 (actually even longer, but whole design approach was whole different then) and final technical-tactical specification was completed in 2005. It might look similar to SCAR or have features similar to FNC or even G36/XM8 or (on some stage of project even MP7), but it differs in lot of details. Actuall design got "stabilised" around 2008 (first prototypes were shown under disguise in 2006) and official presentation was in 2009. My friend made interesting article on Bren story.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fair amount of chatter on this gun for the last year or so in Canada...we don't have the same set of issues with importing assault rifles, so no specific reason to have this be verboten (although random rifles do get the stamp of disapproval for no reason we can discern).

I'm definitely interested to get my hands on one. CZ rifles have been good to me so far.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12