Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEED........2012.........PICS.......!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    I keep trying to find a way into this thing every year since I live in Vegas. I am 0 for 4..

Feedback Score
    I totally farted out on not being able to shot pics this year, other then some limited pics. I had to work the booth and hang with my buds there, which was fine. Looks like everyone took the same pics for various websites. I ran into every photog and video guy at my booth. Good to see everyone is sharing.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Supposedly lots of companies are not letting people take pics this year to prevent chicom copies being made before their wares are on the market.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Good. If only they'd be better about vetting the press passes and trying to keep the flood of gawkers down SHOT would be excellent.

It was nuts to butts in all but a few of the halls.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Good. If only they'd be better about vetting the press passes and trying to keep the flood of gawkers down SHOT would be excellent.

You aren't kidding. Someone isn't "press" just because they started a website.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You aren't kidding. Someone isn't "press" just because they started a website.
    That goes for way more than just SHOT.

Manufacturers get almost hourly emails from "bloggers" that want free shit.

I make it a point to let manufacturers know that I have guaranteed print space (the only way I'll go out and actually ask for something) and that they'll get it back at the end.

I haven't been to SHOT since the last time it was in Orlando but back then all you had to do to get a press pass was to send them a printout from your website and you were in, and then they didn't even check badges.

But NSSF wants warm bodies to count and they don't care where they come from.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I kinda like the lack of SHOT coverage this year. I dread the forums around this time of year.

Less public coverage might ease the pressure on companies to do retarded shit like the Glock Gen 4 pistols for example.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I kinda like the lack of SHOT coverage this year. I dread the forums around this time of year.

Less public coverage might ease the pressure on companies to do retarded shit like the Glock Gen 4 pistols for example.
    Not being a Glock guy, I find this interesting.

What is retarded about the Gen 4 Glock. Didn't they just put in a plastic spring and use the M&P idea of backstraps?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudPuppy View Post
    Not being a Glock guy, I find this interesting.

What is retarded about the Gen 4 Glock. Didn't they just put in a plastic spring and use the M&P idea of backstraps?
    They fudged it all up. The G17s became problematic with that homo spring thing.... it was just all AC Delco kinds of bad.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast