Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The 300 BLK conspiracy continues...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    What tests are you quoting?
    Well, shut my mouth. Seems this guy did testing with some HD rounds that will only hit people one room over, which is an improvement over currently available pistol and 12 gauge HD options:

http://how-i-did-it.org/drywall/index.html

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    All good points. One thing - 6.8 is 150 fps more, not 200 fps.

2400 fps vs 2550 fps.
    Ehhh. Depends on the barrels. I'm getting faster than that out of black hole polygonal barrels for 6.8. Waiting on my 300blk to see a difference.

Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to all for some interesting reading.

The .300 Whisper always intrigued me for a fun cartridge but lacked utility for my applications. I still might have to get a .300 BLK just for fun.

Thanks to RobS for asking the questions to which I am interested in hearing the answers.

For me the downside to having a .300 BLK would be having it in the truck if I needed reach. My 16 inch 5.56 actually has decent reach for a little gun when fed the right ammo.

As to any real gain in terminal performance I have to say the 5.56 kills everything I would use the .300 BLK on so well it would be hard to see any improvement, dead right there is dead right there. This includes deer and antelope.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnutAF View Post
    Microalign
    P.S. I do get outdoors alot. For some one that wants to use the AR platform for JUST SD use the 300 Blk is a better choice over 5.56mm - lets get technical. More power, bigger hole, more damage to preps! Yes more probability of going through BG, through walls etc. But believe me when it comes to shooting someone that is there to kill you or your loved ones you will not care! Sometimes you want to be able to shoot through walls to get to the BG that wants to kill you!
    Please, stop now.

Why don't you post a little less....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    Better for what? The 300 AAC Blackout wasn't in the article, and should not have been included. It is a special purpose round, and not meant to replace the 5.56 entirely. Apples and oranges.
    I was in a course/ briefing/ meeting where someone was using the work of Dr Roberts to justify why they were using the cheapest ammunition available to issue as their duty load. I'm being vague in an effort to be nice as I have a habit of evidently hurting feelings.

People are willing to take the work of an expert, and skew it to reach their own needs. Sometimes it is intentional, other times it is because the basis of knowledge isn't present, or the context of what is presented is limited.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920