Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The 300 BLK conspiracy continues...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    Care to explain?
    Explain what? A hunch that there is a revenue stream that people are wanting a part of? Explain business development strategies wrapped around publicly known RFP's, or research initiatives, etc?

Who knows? Why would FG invest so much in making the 300BLK succeed, when they had the 6.8SPC already in the supply stream, fielded, etc??
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Explain what? A hunch that there is a revenue stream that people are wanting a part of? Explain business development strategies wrapped around publicly known RFP's, or research initiatives, etc?

Who knows? Why would FG invest so much in making the 300BLK succeed, when they had the 6.8SPC already in the supply stream, fielded, etc??
    OK, I guess I misread your post, and thought you were saying something else...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post

I would never buy a 6.8 because it is cost prohibitive. (Mags, parts, etc.)

But I am definitely going to purchase a .300blk barrel.

Maybe someone in the market stream has the same thought process?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wake.joe View Post
    I would never buy a 6.8 because it is cost prohibitive. (Mags, parts, etc.)

But I am definitely going to purchase a .300blk barrel.

Maybe someone in the market stream has the same thought process?
    +1 It's just an easier caliber to adopt and appears to be the a superb option in an SBR.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I think it's mostly the usefully different ballistics in a package that doesn't require different or special bolts and magazines, with ammo being fairly available at decent prices early in the marketing, along with a large dose of:

Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
    I'd put my money on a driven individual who seems to have some operational leeway (like rsilvers) backed by the money and resources of Freedom Group.
    I think 6.8 SPC was hobbled by the need for different magazines (still relatively expensive and hard to find) and the ammo never came down in price to a level where many people would be willing to practice with 100's of rounds instead of just 20 or 40.

If someone tomorrow offered quality 6.8 SPC magazines for $14 each and offered decent reloadable 6.8 SPC ammo for 60 cents/rd, I think it would see a resurgence.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I think it's mostly the usefully different ballistics in a package that doesn't require different or special bolts and magazines, with ammo being fairly available at decent prices early in the marketing, along with a large dose of:

I think 6.8 SPC was hobbled by the need for different magazines (still relatively expensive and hard to find) and the ammo never came down in price to a level where many people would be willing to practice with 100's of rounds instead of just 20 or 40.

If someone tomorrow offered quality 6.8 SPC magazines for $14 each and offered decent reloadable 6.8 SPC ammo for 60 cents/rd, I think it would see a resurgence.

^This^

The extra issues with the 6.8, as much as I like the round, are what kept me from getting into that caliber.

If MagPul or whoever made mags that worked that were closer in price to standard mags, and as available, same-same for the ammo, I'd have been all over it.

I predict in a year or two you'll be able to buy .300 ammo at Wal Mart.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

300 BLK is the .40 S&W of rifle cartridges. I see 6.5/6.8 as being more akin to 10mm or .357 Sig

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
    ...and the potential for some .mil contracts that has them pushing as hard as they are would be my guess as well.
    ...and I have the POTENTIAL to become the next owner of AAC. Keep on guessing.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    You didn't know that bin Ladouche was killed with a 300 BLK???
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    Money talks...I'm sure FG, Inc would entertain your offer...then you could whack Day just as FG took Brittingham out before his contract expired.

...and then shop that M249 in 300BLK around some more...cause that's not for a .mil contract now is it...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast