Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody make it over to the Walther booth this year?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Anybody make it over to the Walther booth this year?

Subject says it all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, what are you interested in.

I will say I don't understand the hype for the PPQ. The P30 has a better grip and the trigger is mediocre IMO

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by goteron View Post

I will say I don't understand the hype for the PPQ. The P30 has a better grip and the trigger is mediocre IMO
    From what I understand and hear the hype of the Walther PPQ pistol seems to be its accuracy, short trigger reset, reliability, pretty close to a P30 like grip that most people seem to like, and its lifetime service warranty through S&W. The standard version without night sights can be had for $486 if you shop around. A pistols grip shape is personal preference and what one person likes better can vary from person to person. As for the PPQ having a mediocre trigger, compared to what, the Glock, S&W M&P, P30 or 1911 ? From what I have read most people feel it may have the best trigger of any striker fired pistol. Here is one guys review of the Walther PPQ. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_QhiTa-7OA , for the recoil and muzzle flip characteristics of the pistol, check out the video at the seven minute mark.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-21-12 at 04:06.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anything new besides the p22 with the laser?

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by goteron View Post

HUH? The PPQ's trigger is outstanding. Not to mention the price difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    That's what I was thinking. The short reset stands out.

I will say that it is much better in person than it is in pics though. I was completely underwhelmed until I played with one. Perhaps it is because my eyes are always drawn to the 2 foot long slide lock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    BINGO! At one time I had the hots for a P-30.. bad.I've got a P-2000 with a light LEM, and while I do OK with it, I've always had to put alot of effort into shooting it well, I struggled with pulling the first shot low.(still do) I figure it's because of the mile long pull on the first shot, and I'd probably do the same with a P-30, Bought a PPQ instead, first round goes where I point it, not to mention about $200 cheaper. It's equally accurate, reliable.. Love the controls. The trigger is exactly what I was looking for. Not knocking HK, but after shooting the PPQ for awhile,I don't see any reason to own a P-30....I mean, what's it do better?
    Last edited by ralph; 01-21-12 at 15:49.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The PPQ looks like a real nice gun for sure and I look forward to handling one. I highly doubt it makes the P30 obsolete by any stretch but it looks slick. Is the slide as easily racked as other Walthers/HK firearms?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    The PPQ looks like a real nice gun for sure and I look forward to handling one. I highly doubt it makes the P30 obsolete by any stretch but it looks slick. Is the slide as easily racked as other Walthers/HK firearms?
    For me, it takes a little more finger gripping power when racking the slide. This is mainly due IMO to the shape of the slide, and the somewhat shallower finger grooves on the slide.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-25-12 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    I got to fondle a PPQ the other day and it struck me as a hybrid type gun. It was as if someone stuck a Glock trigger and fire control into a H&K P30 body.
    That's not a bad thing, but the one reason I won't get one just yet is the price of the mags and equipment and sights for it. Any time a brand new handgun hits the market it takes a while for the aftermarket stuff to catch up.

Otherwise I think it has a lot of potential and I would like to see them do other calibers.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - كافر - WOLVERINES! - Rule#2 Double Tap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast