Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trends/new-hotness for 2012?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    More 16" AR-15s in 300 blk isn't going to get it done.

We need other guns in 300 blk. We need bolt guns, TC Encores, etc

I noticed the number of pictures with ARs with milled receivers. Not going to get it done.
    Last edited by scottryan; 01-20-12 at 08:30.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    From a novelty-seeking hobbyist's standpoint, I am really looking forward to the Tavor being released.

The practical side of me is glad to see new AAC cans.

Also, according to a video I saw, H&K figured out a way to make a 7.62 AR weigh 17lbs? I hope the accuracy benefits of a steel upper receiver are worth it.
    Last edited by 1911-A1; 01-20-12 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another plate carrier trend I see here is the going away from Molle webbing on vests. Some folks, such as First Spear, are cutting slots in the material and reinforcing it. Standard molle pouches will work on it, but FS has a unique mounting method that actually breaks away at certain weights. This is a nice feature if you work maritime or around aviation.

We really liked what First Spear is doing in terms of kit design.

Smocks are popular. Vertx, Crye, and First Spear all have nice ones.

Dog tracking collars seem to be big this year.

More Chinese made scopes as well.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    only things I saw that I was interested in are the Tavor, First Spear 6/12 Tubes, and that Geissle tuned milspec trigger

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by goteron View Post
    The piston revolution is still strong. I glad I hopped off that train when I did.
    That's too bad... I'd HATE to have my eggs in that basket right now. I think the Retards are even figuring out how retarded the piston AR is.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There's NOTHING exciting about silencer releases... By the time they get to dealers and Forms get approved, people will be talking about next years models.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    There's NOTHING exciting about silencer releases... By the time they get to dealers and Forms get approved, people will be talking about next years models.
    The one exception to this *may* be the Surefire 762 MINI. They seem to have a better track record of showroduction delay, and for all I know the thing already is out as they also tend to have product available before it's even on their site.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Agreed. Its more than a little disappointing that my SDN-6 is obsolete by the SR-7 before it even cleared the ATF.
    Unprepared: Not prepared; caught by surprise; dead

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
    Agreed. Its more than a little disappointing that my SDN-6 is obsolete by the SR-7 before it even cleared the ATF.
    Yeah!! No doubt! I'm not dealing with AAC anymore... This 90T nonsense.... We were trying to fix the 51T yesterday. But I need to buy a $2000 lathe to make their 51T's lock up right for bolt gunning.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    For my money, the stuff I thought was the coolest was not big ticket items like guns, but smaller gear innovations. It wasn't all peachy though.

Specifically:
    -TNVC had an IR patch that illuminated veins under IR. Amazingly cool tech. They also had what they were calling IR Dirt, which is a binary compound that can be cut, shaken, and spread around the ground or on a person. It's basically the color of dirt, but glows bright under NODs. Absolutely cool tech.

-S&S Precision's plate harness was so simple but brilliant. 1lb 6oz. Shipping in a few months and 380 dollars. I can see this being a fantastic setup for police or special operations units needing either active shooter rigs or something incredibly low profile.

-This was truly the year of the slick rail. Between Geiselle's rail, Noveske's NSR-11, the new URXs, Troy, etc etc...excessive rails are going away...fast.

-Leupold's Mk6 and CQBSS. The Mk6 was everywhere this year, and for good reason. Leupold came out swinging with their 1-6 short dot which looks great. The Mk6 3-18x incorporates the turret design of the CQBSS, along with the zoom controls being the entire bell of the scope. Price looks to be about 1800-2000, or about 2700-2800 with the H58 reticle. The big news is that the CQBSS, which is a good scope in the H27D version, but was 4500 dollars (ugh), is that it's now been dropped down to 3000 dollars. Yay!

-S&B...wow, what a disappointment. Boooo! They've increased their cost to 3500 dollars, and STILL no solid release date. Now having to finally look through it, the exit pupil is bad...really bad.

-Suppressors. Wow did SilencerCo come out swinging with their Saker can. The biggest thing was that the Saker can be retrofitted to drop on the existing AAC 51-tooth muzzle devices. Talk about sneaky snakes. AAC also had their awesome Titanium Element .22, new SR 300BLK cans, break open rifle, and 91-Tooth cans and muzzle devices. Surefire had their new .22 (which to me felt way too complicated compared to SilencerCo and AAC's offerings).

-Lights. Sorry but I just do NOT get strobing...at all. And it seemed like strobes were on EVERYTHING this year.

I'll post up some photos shortly.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast