Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trends/new-hotness for 2012?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Rob, I thought you were at SHOT this year.. Disregard my last email then unless you're headed next year.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
    Agreed. Its more than a little disappointing that my SDN-6 is obsolete by the SR-7 before it even cleared the ATF.

I am in the same boat and I am extremely pissed about this.

I am so pissed that I have contemplating switching over to Surefire products completely.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    One of the biggest customers for the new 91-tooth mount was the SOCOM contract. But they should totally hold off on that stuff to take care of customer instant gratification.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's normal with electronics, cars, etc. Not sure why some see improvements as such a bad thing with silencers.

I mean does my older car stop doing what I bought it for because the 2012 model came out with more HP and better mileage?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I am so pissed that I have contemplating switching over to Surefire products completely.
    AAC has done this almost every year. They're almost MASTERFUL at alienating their customers.

I don't think I could support the Surefire Machine though...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post

-Suppressors. Wow did SilencerCo come out swinging with their Saker can. The biggest thing was that the Saker can be retrofitted to drop on the existing AAC 51-tooth muzzle devices. Talk about sneaky snakes. AAC also had their awesome Titanium Element .22, new SR 300BLK cans, break open rifle, and 91-Tooth cans and muzzle devices. Surefire had their new .22 (which to me felt way too complicated compared to SilencerCo and AAC's offerings).
    So the Sparrow seems like the likely best choice considering the new SF can?

Also, size wise, Saker vs the SF Mini, any ideas?

-Lights. Sorry but I just do NOT get strobing...at all. And it seemed like strobes were on EVERYTHING this year.
    Confuses zombies, duh!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    So the Sparrow seems like the likely best choice considering the new SF can?

Also, size wise, Saker vs the SF Mini, any ideas?
    For my money I'd probably rock the AAC Element. The Saker is about the size of the SF 212. The Mini is still...friggin small. The SAKER is also about 200 dollars more than the SF Mini.

I do like that you can swap out the end caps, as they offer one with a 3 prong end-cap that makes first round flash all but non-existent. The downside is that the end caps look like they might fall off after heavy use.

Last edited by Titleist; 01-20-12 at 12:32.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What is the SAKER supposed to sell for?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    What is the SAKER supposed to sell for?
    This was second hand, but I believe 1200.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This was second hand, but I believe 1200.
    Ouch! I like the potential... but not the price.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast