Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trends/new-hotness for 2012?

Feedback Score
    A suppressor is on my wishlist for this year too..Hmmm..

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBA_Joe View Post
    Because, silencers are seen as lifelong commitments. And to see a company constantly change stuff before most people get the original version is understandably annoying.

Not a horrible price, especially considering it comes w/ a FH.

M4-2K MSRP is $1050. Add in a $100 for a FH, you're up to $1150. $50 difference considering the ability to use multiple QD mounts is totally worth it in my eyes. I would have liked it to be closer in size to the -212. Maybe by the time I can actually get a can, it will be.
    While a lot of the new rimfire and pistol cans are a lifelong setup, centerfire rifle cans, and particularly 5.56 cans are a consumable item. At least they are if you use the hell out of them like a lot of folks around here do.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm glad a few companies were able to release zombie themed stuff AND something that didn't involve/lead to/incur head trauma - Leupold did both, and is the only data point that leads me to believe it's supposed to actually be whimsical.

I do think the VTAC S&W rifle is a decent encapsulation of what's good about SHOT from this year - the Leupy VX/Mk6 line atop a modular handguard paired with an excellent trigger from Geissele at a reasonable cost.
    If this is the trend, the CostaLudus rifles from LT and the RedBackOne rifles from Centurion are both going to be brilliant options.

IIRC cyalume has had the IR dirt in development for a while, but it's a great concept. I can't wait for Spike's to decide it's the perfect addition to their LocalMotors Rally machine, that's just going to be funny right there.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm waiting for the 120 toofus mount.

(next year)
    Teefs.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Did Battle Comp Enterprises introduce any new products ? Also, were there any new striker fired 9mm pistols introduced this year besides the FN pistol ? An last, did Apex Tactical have any new items for the S&W M&P pistol besides the Bar-Sto barrel ? I think the Leupold VX-6 2-12x42mm would work just fine on my varmint/Recce type rifle, even without an AO lens.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-22-12 at 17:24.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Nothing new from BCE.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Another plate carrier trend I see here is the going away from Molle webbing on vests. Some folks, such as First Spear, are cutting slots in the material and reinforcing it. Standard molle pouches will work on it, but FS has a unique mounting method that actually breaks away at certain weights. This is a nice feature if you work maritime or around aviation.

We really liked what First Spear is doing in terms of kit design.

Smocks are popular. Vertx, Crye, and First Spear all have nice ones.

Dog tracking collars seem to be big this year.

More Chinese made scopes as well.
    Can you explain how the firstspear pouches mount to their carrier? Is the ladder panel accessible from the back somehow?
    Last edited by trinydex; 01-23-12 at 03:10.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The problem with the wobble is widely known in bolt gun circles. There is nothing to disprove or prove.
    There's apparently a solution... We're going to have some mounts relieved to allow the can to lock up properly.... next time we're at the smith's shop.

It'd take a heck of a salesman to get me to buy off on the notion that a can with play isn't messing with barrel harmonics somehow.... and not consistently from shot to shot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    Can you explain how the firstspear pouches mount to their carrier? Is the ladder panel accessible from the back somehow?
    Scroll down to the 6\12 section in this link-

http://www.first-spear.com/pages.php?pageid=20
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    biggest thing im interested in now and would buy to try when it comes out is the ALG Defense QMS tuned mil spec triggers.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 01-23-12 at 14:16.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567