Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Learning" from Paula Deen (what not to do...)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

"Learning" from Paula Deen (what not to do...)

So what does eating fried foods, heavy desserts, and other junk get you? Diabetes, which well known "celebrity chef" Paula Deen now has.

And what did she do? Change her diet and get some exercise? No, she got a contract with drug company Novo Nordisk to push diabetes meds....Paula Deen wins the Brink Moron/sleazebag of the month award:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...nary-tale-for/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-21-12 at 10:48.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Concur x 1 billion.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    is she the same one that had a chocolate fountain on her show for the guest to go up and engorge themselves on?

I believe with her southern accent, it would be pronounced "diabetus"
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Her toes will go first and then her feet and maybe a leg or two, and after this progression is underway, the drug company will drop her as if she were Tiger Woods.

Feedback Score
    I've had to watch various minutes of the gray walrus when my wife decides to watch her show. The fake, overdone gyowgya accent just drives me nuts and then she pushes her recipes like they're gold. For crying out loud, she deep fried butter one time. I like butter, but that about made me hurl.

The lard ass got what she had coming.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Of course the article holds her personally responsible for every case of diabetes in America today.

She made continued poor choices in her diet and it probably led to her current condition. Each individual is responsible for themselves. She did not hold a gun to her viewers heads and force them to eat like her. Americans can't say no, and when that lack of discipline leads to problems it has to be someone else's fault.

While Ray Charles could have seen this coming for her, she is only responsible for herself. The article seeks to make her the focus of evil, especially with the quote. "But Paula Deen’s cooking style has been so over-the-top unhealthy that she might as well have stuffed a lit cigarette into people’s mouths, too."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    So what does eating fried foods, heavy desserts, and other junk get you? Diabetes, which well known "celebrity chef" Paula Deen now has.

And what did she do? Change her diet and get some exercise? No, she got a contract with drug company Novo Nordisk to push diabetes meds....Paula Deen wins the Brink Moron/sleazebag of the month award:

While I whole-heartedly agree that she should have made some lifestyle changes instead of merely endorsing a medication...I love Paula Deen and think Anthony Bourdain is a pretentious ass-hat.
    Last edited by sgtjosh; 01-21-12 at 17:22.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    The South has the highest obesity rates for a reason. Personally I can only eat high fat greasy food in every limited amounts. If I eat a meal made of fried food my stomach feels queasy and like I want to throw up.

But yes each person is responsible for their own eating habits.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
    Of course the article holds her personally responsible for every case of diabetes in America today.

She made continued poor choices in her diet and it probably led to her current condition. Each individual is responsible for themselves. She did not hold a gun to her viewers heads and force them to eat like her. Americans can't say no, and when that lack of discipline leads to problems it has to be someone else's fault.

While Ray Charles could have seen this coming for her, she is only responsible for herself. The article seeks to make her the focus of evil, especially with the quote. "But Paula Deen’s cooking style has been so over-the-top unhealthy that she might as well have stuffed a lit cigarette into people’s mouths, too."
    I do agree for the most part, however I do blame the societal acceptance of terrible advice squirted from the lips of the media for how the health standard in the US has plummeted from the fit and trim GI's of the 40s to the fat and sedentary blobs of today

but it is hard to decipher which came first.... fat society or unhealthy media promotions... sort of a chicken or the egg kinda deal...

if there wasn't an advertisement for some candy or soda or some ****in place like Golden Corral (I mean come the shit on... its even called a ****in Corral people... they aren't even trying to hide the fact that they cater to hugely obese people often mistaken for bovine)..... everywhere we look, those less empowered wouldn't fall victim time and time again... this is not the media's fault for creating the problem, but I do hold them responsible for enabling the problem to continue....

when you have an addiction, you have to stay away from it, but what the shit do you do when that addiction is food? and then all you see all day is Paula Deen and the like diabet'n it up.....

it's like a coc head watching a tv show about new and great ways to cook up coc....

why's it ok to ban cigarette advertising because of their harmful effects....when people have the choice if they smoke or not... yet any other thing completely terrible for you... often times orders of magnitude worse for you than cigs... alcohol for instance.... or soda or butter is perfectly fine any and everywhere
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 01-21-12 at 17:42.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

Welcome to America Mr. Brink. Isnt that what most lazy-fat-americans do?

Love Bourdain's show, and thoughts on Dean.
    Last edited by J-Dub; 01-21-12 at 17:40.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast