Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 and 805 Bren

Feedback Score

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 and 805 Bren

I had a chance to check out the new CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 and Bren 805 rifles at SHOT Show 2012. Here's a peek at these new weapon systems from CZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr1lyZPYXSE

I did chat with the owner of CZ-USA and he showed some interest in introducing these to the US market, but currently there are no plans.
    Please check out the Military Arms Channel on YouTube.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Thanks for posting this.

I'm quite intrigued by the 805...

What were your impressions of the rifle? Front heavy? How was the lock-up on the stock? Do you simply swap out the lower to change the magazine well, or is the magazine well detachable from the fire control group housing?

Feedback Score
    It balances quite nicely. It's a very comfortable rifle to use. The controls are very SCAR like. The magazine well can be detached and is part of the caliber conversion process. The stock is rock solid. The whole rifle feels rock solid, even more so than the SCAR. The SCAR feels a bit flimsy in the stock area, but this rifle has no apparent slop anywhere that I could detect in my limited time with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Slick looking rifle and nice joke on the hottie at the end.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not digging them. They look like plastic toys to me.......I have no problem with plastic on a weapon.

That's the daughter from the guns tv show.....whatchamacallit....American guns! She's a cutie!
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Slick looking rifle and nice joke on the hottie at the end.
    Thanks. The girl at the end is Paige Wyatt from the television show "American Guns". She's a good kid and a great sport. She's only 17 years old, believe it or not.

Feedback Score
    Got to see these at shot this year also. Liked the look of the 805 but did not like the feel of its folding stock. Otherwise the rifle is solid. You can also change out the magwell to a NATO STANAG magwell that accepts our type mags. The original CZ mags are almost an identical match to G36 mags in look and feel. They are very bulky.

The Scorp was definitely badass. The stock will extend out a little further but it is still very short and comparable to the MP5's length. That gun was very solid fit and feel. The charging handle is also reversible for right and left handers. I wish they had this on the US market. I think it'll give any other subgun a run for the money. Lots of vids on youtube if you're interested.
    Last edited by ROSS4712; 01-22-12 at 11:10.
    Your lowest form of training will be your highest performance in combat!

Feedback Score
    This is all you need to know about the evo 3. Nice lines.