Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.5 MM

Feedback Score
    I am a huge fan of the 6.5mm. I have a 6.5 Gibbs that is on it's second barrel in twelve years. I have used 140gr A MAX, 140 Sierra BTHP Match, 142gr Sierra BTHP Match, and Berger 140gr VLD's. It has taken everything from Rockchucks to Elk. I use the Berger's exclusively now. It is a laser at 3350fps.
    I plan to build a .260 Rem for my 11 year old boy for rifle hunting next fall.
    Great ballistics, great balance in almost everything.
    Good choice.
    Dave

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC12215 View Post
    I am a huge fan of the 6.5mm. I have a 6.5 Gibbs that is on it's second barrel in twelve years. I have used 140gr A MAX, 140 Sierra BTHP Match, 142gr Sierra BTHP Match, and Berger 140gr VLD's. It has taken everything from Rockchucks to Elk. I use the Berger's exclusively now. It is a laser at 3350fps.
    I plan to build a .260 Rem for my 11 year old boy for rifle hunting next fall.
    Great ballistics, great balance in almost everything.
    Good choice.
    Dave
    3350 awesome what powder? I have a 264 win on the bench no loads yet. Did you here about R33?
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Running 4831 and sometimes H1000 (a little slower). 28" Hart barrel using a 270 Win case blown out a bit.
    R33?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NC12215 View Post
    Running 4831 and sometimes H1000 (a little slower). 28" Hart barrel using a 270 Win case blown out a bit.
    R33?
    Ya I figred on the H1000 or RUTUMBO, R33 is the new, it will do for larger magnums what R17 did for the short mags.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Heres a crazy idea, a bolt action 6.5 Grendel..

Im starting to think it would be a cool unique hunting rifle. Light, low recoil, pretty good ballistics out to 300yds (maybe more depending on the quary).

Hmmmm a savage in 6.5grendel or CZ 527 in Grendel??

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Heres a crazy idea, a bolt action 6.5 Grendel..

Im starting to think it would be a cool unique hunting rifle. Light, low recoil, pretty good ballistics out to 300yds (maybe more depending on the quary).

Hmmmm a savage in 6.5grendel or CZ 527 in Grendel??
    check out grendal fourms they have a bolt section

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Dont over look the 6.5x55 or .260rem...
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    I would just buy a savage its cheep and they shoot awsome or maybe the tikka in 6.5x55 same performance.
    http://www.tikka.fi/pdf/specs/LiteStainless.pdf

A Tikka T3 Lite in the .260 or 6.5x55 would be a good combination in my opinion. Savage makes some excellent rifles though. There are several in use in my family they're all shooters.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12